No video?

skivy71

skivy71

Hi,

Okay, got an old Motorola XT1032 running Android 5 and the latest app from the play store.

All seem's to be good, but on playing a movie, I can hear it, but no video, just black screen.

I'm tailing the server log and not seeing anything untoward.

Am I missing something silly?

I know I can watch via plex no issues.

Thanks

Neil

Hi there, what kind of video are you playing? Can you please supply a copy of the media info from the web app? thanks.

skivy71

Hi, I've tried various videos and none will play using the app.

The only way I can get playback is by passing it to a 3rd party player, which sucks.

Also, of note, when it 'does' attempt to play using the app, it almost 'floors' the device, something that doesn't happen when relaying it to VLC, Plex, or the native video playing app within Android.

I also found something rather undesirable.... After reading some posts regarding black screen, and suspecting incorrectly identified device capabilities, I used the sprocket icon to attempt a different bitrate and when I chose something like '480p' it crashed my server.... constant messages about bitrate exceeding container etc.

Surely a remote client shouldn't be able to kill the server in such a way?

Regarding media, almost all stuff is h264, in a mkv or mp4 container, with audio ranging from 2.0 aac to 5.1 dts.

Why do you feel that it crashed the server? Are you able to update to a newer version of android on the device?