Subusers

bullerjonathan

bullerjonathan

I have a few families using my Emby server in their household - they're currently all under one user at the moment, some of them have asked me if they could all have separate user accounts. Since they're accessing the server remotely I must have a password on those accounts - I was thinking of a sub account system where you log in with a username and password much as you do now then it asks you who to log in as, like Netflix.

Let's say the Adams family want to have 3 users - they sign in as a family at the top level then select each individual afterwards. This would save having to key in passwords and usernames on TVs and the like.

BillOatman

Why not just have then use emby connect individually?  What gain is it to have the extra level of indirection?

What you are really trying to accomplish here is easily switching between users that are secured but such that you don't have to enter a password each time, correct?

So, providing the ability to do that on a remotely connected device gets you what you want?