Playback issues v4.1.1.0 - Stuttering and looping

JaScoMa

JaScoMa

Hello..

Playing a movie (Emby Server 4.1.1.0 on Pi3b+) and have hit a point in the movie where it'll start stuttering and then will loop 3-5 seconds over, play through that, then loop another 3-5 seconds of a different part of the movie, etc.

Found this in the logs;

2019-05-26 16:03:15.527 Info App: ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode d8b782' Process exited with code 139

2019-05-26 16:03:15.527 Info App: FFMpeg exited with code 139
2019-05-26 16:03:15.542 Info App: ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode 0028f2' Process exited with code 139
2019-05-26 16:03:15.542 Info App: FFMpeg exited with code 139
2019-05-26 16:03:15.729 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 206 to 192.168.1.235. Time: 3051ms. 

Attached the full logs; but believe maybe the Pi doesn't have the processing power to fully play the movie (?).

Thanks..

emby_logs.zip

JaScoMa

What is odd is that I re-copied over the file and even re-encoded the file and at this point in the movie, it still does it's skip and jumping.  VERY ODD.

I'm re-encoding using a different profile and see what occurs.  Thanks..

Jackthemind

Hello,

same here.

It´s not a Pi proplem. I use a i5 3550.

Everything is fine for 60 min. then the loops start.

JaScoMa

I upgraded the Pi to the latest beta issue and it had the same issue in the same spot of the movie.

I re-encoded without using the DTS-HD 7.1 passthrough, but had it convert to AC-3 and included an AAC audio track as well.  On the Pi, it played fine in the area of the movie which was having issues previous.  

The other server running on the RockPro64, I haven't had any issue where the movie was looping,etc.  Again, very odd.

@@softworkz any thoughts?

It seems the same in all the logs that no segments are generated and would mean that there's no content at the requested seek position as write_empty_segments is not specified (and would NOT be a solution to this either!!).

@@Luke - My suspicion is that this file has a corrupted seek table. Maybe it can be fixed by removing noaccurate_seek. I don't know why it's even used here..