Theme Music & embedded artwork

pgriffith

pgriffith

It appears that a lot of my themes for both Movies & TV has embedded artwork in them. On the latest version of ET (3.08) this artwork is displayed while the theme is playing where in previous versions this did not occur. Really ruins the user experience, especially seeing these are all quite small images and are stretched to full screen, so it looks awful as well as getting in the way.

Maybe related to the overlay bug ?

pgriffith

As soon as I enter a TV Series or Movie that has a theme.mp3 audio file present, it starts playing the audio (as it should) and if the audio track has embedded artwork, (I checked, a LOT of them do) that embedded image goes full screen and stays that way until the audio file finishes playing or I skip ahead using the remote. Not sure if the UI would normally be showing over it as I'm on the broken 3.08 build.

pgriffith

A screenshot of a static full screen image ??  I'll do you better than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRzLdKzhJU8 (audio did not record, trust me, music is playing when image is onscreen)

Navigating with a IR remote as OSD is missing for me in 3.08. When image comes up, it's quite long so I skipped ahead 30 secs several times to get it to finish playing, when it then goes back to the movie screen, note the no OSD when the movie starts to play.

Interestingly, on my main gaming rig, 3.08 (installed just for testing) does not have the OSD issue and the embedded artwork in the MP3 does NOT display, so it is definitely a bug related to the no OSD issue.

Edited by pgriffith

pgriffith

That link is coming up 404 not found.

Hmm so it is, fixed it, not sure what happened there, apologies.

• 1 month later...
BuddahKat

@@BuddahKat

Just wanted to report another frustrating issue with Emby Theater. For movies that have theme songs downloaded, if the mp3 for the song has an embedded image (i.e. album cover) then whenever you click on the movie the image of the mp3 comes up and take up the entire screen. For instance if I click on 'Captain Marvel' in my library since this movie has a theme song with an album cover the image of the album cover is displayed on the screen (see attached screenshot).

This started happening at the same time as the missing overlay issue that's already been reported, so likely is related to version 3.8. Is there any update on when these bugs might be fixed? For those of us that use ET as our primary app these issues compound on each other and make the software very difficult to use.

5d1701e60a402_embyIssue.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
BuddahKat

You devs must not use Emby Theater, if so you would have fixed this immediately due to how annoying it is :D

Seriously though, this really does impact usability, especially in the 'wife friendly' department. Imagine going to play a movie and the soundtrack album pop up instead with no obvious way to get back to the previous screen and then ask how long that person is going to keep using this software. I'm trying guys, really am, but issues like these make it so difficult.

@@Luke you said this was resolved in the next app version 2 months ago... any update on when that version might be released?

• 4 weeks later...