Root Folder and no access to Config?

Skybolt

Skybolt

After one of the last few updates, I now have a folder displayed as "root folder', with nothing in it or graphic. This "root folder" is only in the interfaces and not on the disk as far as I can tell. I also can not access the config page through any of the interfaces, primarily classic, but also Android and Roku as well.

Is anyone else seeing this? If so how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Skybolt

can you show us a screenshot?

I will have to update this later tonight when I get home for that. But basically in classic selecting MB3 from the main menu puts you right into the directories view which does not have a config option, and also display the referenced folder. Screen shot at 6. :)

Thanks.

Edited by Skybolt

Look in this directory on your server machine:

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\Root  and also the "Default" directory under that.

Did you accidentally drop a video or xml file in one of those folders?

Skybolt

Look in this directory on your server machine:

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\Root  and also the "Default" directory under that.

Did you accidentally drop a video or xml file in one of those folders?

Thanks for the idea, but there is nothing in the root except the "default" folder and in that is a folder.xml file and the share name of my movies folder as a directory with another folder.xml file. That folder contains another folder.xml file with symbolic links to the shares.

I never go near any of this, this is a dedicated 7MC box in a AVR style case in a rack and is treated as such, all of my shares are on another server all together.

Skybolt

Do you only have a single media folder in your entire library?

LOL, no not exactly ...  I was explaining the contents of the

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\Root  and also the "Default" directory under that."
you had posted prior.

There are two top level shares which then are separated into nine other shares which have folder in them for either a single movie or a complete series.

there is nothing in the root except the "default" folder and in that is a folder.xml file and the share name of my movies folder as a directory with another folder.xml file.

What you describe right there sounds like a single folder in the Root\Default folder which would translate to only one media folder with sub-folders under that.

Also, it appears you are talking about MBC but we are in the MBT forum...

If you have only one media folder and you have the "Auto Enter Single Item Folders" option checked in MBC, then MBC will automatically enter that one folder and bypass the EHS.

Skybolt

What you describe right there sounds like a single folder in the Root\Default folder which would translate to only one media folder with sub-folders under that.

Also, it appears you are talking about MBC but we are in the MBT forum...

Ok maybe we can move past this, sorry for the bad description.

If you have only one media folder and you have the "Auto Enter Single Item Folders" option checked in MBC, then MBC will automatically enter that one folder and bypass the EHS.

Yep that did the trick, it also cleared the "root folder" out of the display. Thank you !!!

It was primarily MBC, but it also showed up in Roku and Android as well. So that is why I posted here. Anyway thank you again for your help, It is greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by Skybolt