Could not stream to chromecast via inet any longer

Tranquil

Tranquil

Hello Forum.

Since one of the latest Versions of MB App (I think the one which introduced the new connection logic), my mother is not able to cast to her chromecast device via internet any longer - which worked fine in earlier versions.

This is the setup:

She connects via Nexus 7 tablet to my server using an dyndns internet connection. So far as well, then she connects her tablet to her chromecast device which is working fine as well. (TV shows: ready to cast)

If she now tries to stream a movie, there is only a rotateing circle on the TV and nothing happens. Streaming to her nexus 7 Tab is working fine.

For the chromecast stream: I even can not see any activity on the MB Server. There is no FFDShow Log generated and the server does not show, that the tablet is playing a movie.

What could it be? All ports are correctly forewarded in NAT and not blocked by and firewall.

Thanks for any help!

Tranquil

Hello again.

Today I tried again with Server DEV Build 3.0.5253.35926 and problem still exists.

Is this a Server problem or a problem by the media browser app? It seems that Chromecast is not able to connect to my server using internet and don't know why.

Anyone?

Redshirt

I'd like to see a log from the device. Nothing should have been broken here.

Tranquil

Problem solved, but it is an issue with the android app.

It seems that the app only uses the internal IP set in the app to connect chromecast to the server. In my case this is not possible cause there is no server in the LAN which chromcast dongle belongs to. I could fix the problem by also adding the external IP of my server to the internal address-field of the android app. Now Chromecast is able to connect to my server again and everything is working as expected. 

Redshirt

That shouldn't be happening. I'll have to look and see why it is.

gutterpunk13

I am having this same issue. I just purchase a chromecast and have not been able to use it. I am unable to find the internal address field that you speak of. Is this located in the media browser app or the chromecast app?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk