All programs give the option to record series.

riverboat2001
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

riverboat2001

Back in the olden days on Windows Media Centre, if a show was a one off, then you just had the option to record.

If the show was a continuing series, then you would get the option to record just the one episode, or record series and it worked perfectly.

Now using the NextPVR plugin, i browse the emby guide and select a show, the record series is there for every show so i have no way of telling if the show is a one-off documentary or just a single show.

Is there anyway to remove the record series option for the one-off shows? 

Hi. This is based on your guide data.  If you are getting series recording options for everything then the guide is telling us they are series.

Hi, yes the feedback from the community was that they wanted the plugin to always report everything as a series. I'm fine with changing it. Whatever next pvr users want is fine with me.

Spaceboy

I think ebr is right here. I only see record series for series, not one offs

sub3

Whether this can be determined basically comes down to the quality of the guide data. 

The only way you can be sure it is a series is if it has a season/episode number set. However, the absense of a season/episode info does not mean it's not series, since lots of people use shitty guide data where this info is just not available (like DVB EPG or XMLTV in some countries). It can even vary by channel in some country.

So... the plugin is probably already doing the best thing by assuming a series recording option is always available. 

You could make a 'only show series recording option on confirmed series' type setting, but I'd suggest defaulting it to off, so same behaviour as the current addon. A user in the US/Canada (and UK if they're using Schedules Direct) could turn it on if they wanted. Everywhere else would probably leave it turned off. 

Edited by sub3