[Solved] Problem with resume settings

Dusty_Quill
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Dusty_Quill

It should automatically work based on your settings, i.e. how long have you watched particular item before it is considered for resuming and being displayed on "Continue watching" .

I believe settings you are referring to are "Playback settings" located in each library separately. To adjust it, edit any Library, select "Show advanced settings" and scroll down to the end of page. There you can adjust your preferences as desired.

Cheers

I have been using Emby for 5 days now, and I have search and search for a solution, without any luck, so now I hope someone in hear can tell me what I can do?

If I play an episode or a movie and stop it for some reason, and then get back to it later, I can't continue from where I left off, because it's not on "Continue Watching"

I found out sometimes it work, and sometimes not. I find out from Google Search that there should be a playback option in my control panel, there I can access something called "Resume settings", but I don't have that option at all. I even have been looking on my user profile, there I have a playback option, but no resume settings. 

My server version is 4.1.1.0

Is there something wrong with my server, or has this option been removed?

How do I change the resume settings, so I can set it to set a movie or an episode to "Continue Watching", like after 1 minut? 

Edited by Dusty_Quill

• Solution
GrimReaper

I have been using Emby for 5 days now, and I have search and search for a solution, without any luck, so now I hope someone in hear can tell me what I can do?

If I play an episode or a movie and stop it for some reason, and then get back to it later, I can't continue from where I left off, because it's not on "Continue Watching"

I found out sometimes it work, and sometimes not. I find out from Google Search that there should be a playback option in my control panel, there I can access something called "Resume settings", but I don't have that option at all. I even have been looking on my user profile, there I have a playback option, but no resume settings.

My server version is 4.1.1.0

Is there something wrong with my server, or has this option been removed?

How do I change the resume settings, so I can set it to set a movie or an episode to "Continue Watching", like after 1 minut?

It should automatically work based on your settings, i.e. how long have you watched particular item before it is considered for resuming and being displayed on "Continue watching" .

I believe settings you are referring to are "Playback settings" located in each library separately. To adjust it, edit any Library, select "Show advanced settings" and scroll down to the end of page. There you can adjust your preferences as desired.

Cheers

• Like 1

Dusty_Quill

Which Emby app are you using to play your content when this happens?

Every where

Android (Smartphone / Tablet)

Android TV

iPhone

Windows (Chrome)

Cheers

Haha nice, found it, it's set to 5% thanks man :) 

Dusty_Quill

HI, did this resolve it for you?

It did, I wish this info had been more easy to find in the first place, because evertime I search for it, I only get outdated info :)