desperate - how to combine WMC recordings and Emby DVR

rliepins

rliepins

Hi all

I have been given an ultimatum to clean up how we watch recorded shows.  We are still using WMC to record using its Ceton card side by side with Emby.  Emby is using a SiliconDust.  I keep using WMC to record because it is dependable when it comes to scheduling and such.  -I will explain this at the end of this post-

Is there a way to combine WMC recordings folder and Emby's own DVR?  I need one place to view all recordings.  If I need. to dupe the WMC Recorded TV folder so that Emby can process everything, then so be it.  I just need a solution.  How can I rename shows or set the correct naming convention so that both can be happy with each other?

So the kicker was that my wife wanted to watch Saturday Night Live last night, but low and behold, Emby refuses to see the 11:35pm episode as new, so it won't record it.  Why is that?  WMC see's the episode as new and records it - it is even using Schedules Direct as its schedule source, as does Emby.

I have tried using all different combinations of Schedules Direct and Emby Guide Data.  This problem happens for some shoes, but not all.  I'd like a better understanding of how to best manage scheduled recordings.

Also, on a tangent subject, is there a way to import WMC recoding schedule into Emby?  My long range plan is to ditch the Ceton card and get another SiliconDust box (anyone see that 6 tuner box yet???), and then move totally away from WMC.  But if I have issues with recordings, then I am back at square 1.

Thanks for any help

-Trying to please the wife-

rliepins

Yes, as a separate library. But the point is consolidation. Can I add the WMC Recorded TV folder to the Emby Recordings folder, even without a folder structure? Emby sorts the recordings in series and season folders but WMC keeps its recordings in a flat directory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denz

It has to be a different library for some reason emby is treating everything as a movie I would prefer that it doesn't so we have landscape thumbnail. Looking at the screen caps just about everything is an advert.

I don't think there is a way to import schedule as you would first have to export the schedule and I certainly haven't seen an option for that in WMC as why would they.  

For not recording did you refresh the guide I am doing a lot of test recordings and trying to move my family slowly over to Android TV is so far the best client to replace WMC it is not there yet but it is close. Emby is lacking in conflicts but I purchased a new hdhomerun so it is not an issue any more.  

To help with not recording post screenshots of the series recording it is usually the result of incorrect guide data wmc looks at other tags not just is it a repeat or not whereas emby may not that is what I found out when some of the recordings didn't record but it is best to create a new post for that issue. 

5cd9264cb39b3_Capture.jpg

for some reason emby is treating everything as a movie

It's due to what I said in my previous post about supported TV folder structures.