Media Browser crashes immediately upon launching on Roku 3

turible

turible

Media Browser crashes immediately upon launching on Roku 3. I first installed Media Browser a few weeks ago and the Roku app was working fine at that time. I can confirm that Media Browser Theater in Windows seems to work fine.

I tried cycling power and deleting and re-adding the channel, but the issue persists.

Any ideas?

Edited by turible

gcw07

Without more information I don't have any idea. Did you add a server? Did you select a user? Is it the channel from the store? Is it the beta channel?

• 5 weeks later...
stewiebee

Same here using roku 3 standard media browser works great, new beta finds server connects then every time i relaunch prog crashes to roku.

@@Luke

This was an issue with the roku clients earlier, before this current beta. The issue is, there may be no favorites, last played, etc for a user. When toggling to an empty set this would crash the roku immediately off. Since the toggle position is remembered, next time entering the app the roku will immediately exit.

The fix is open the web client, start to set favorites, watched status to watched, every toggle must have something. Once this is done for that user the immediate crash should stop.

Is it this issue surfacing again?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

ripper

@speechless

I am experiencing the same exact symptoms as stewiebee, and your description is an exact match for my situation. If I log in with my established account, the new beta app works great. If I log in with a freshly created account, it immediately dumps back to the Roku home screen.

I have set a favorite and toggled a video to watched via the web client, but will be unable to test on my Roku until later tonight. I will update when I have verified that the workaround resolves the issue.

Update:This did resolve the crashing issue.

Edited by ripper

I had the same last night on the Roku 3 (brand new), the official app works fine but yours just closes on launch