Browser player out of sync?

Heckler

Heckler

I've noticed that on occasion when playing something though the browser on my office PC, the audio is ever so slightly out of sync, yet when I play it in WMP it's perfectly in sync.

Then on another file, it was out of sync in both the browser player and WMP, so I remuxed the file and added a slight delay to the audio... WMP then plays the audio in sync, but the browser is still playing out of sync.

I've checked the new file, and once I was satisfied that the audio issue was resolved... I renamed it to the original filename (which was then deleted). I did a rescan to make sure MBS picked up any changes (even though it should register the same, I was just being certain).

Anyone else discovered this happening?

The file in question is from Wonders of Life, episode 3  Wonders.Of.Life.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-FTP.mkv

I've checked online and can find no mention that this file (or season) had any audio issues.

ginjaninja

I suggest u use mediainfo on the file(s) to get more detailed info on file and post ffmpeg transcode logs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

trusselo

it would have to do with codec/audio settings on the machine that is acting up.

or its just a bad rip.  100's of people rip each episode, each with their own settings and config for encoding, somebody might have screwed that one up.  you would never hear about that one episode, ripped by that one guy being bad sync.

Edited by trusselo

Heckler

I'll look at the audio codecs, the file plays fine through wmp when streamed to this computer from the media server, but is slightly out of sync when played through the  MB browser player.  When played from within Media centre itself (using the default wmp64 player) it's also in sync.

It's only when played through the MB browser that shows up a sync issue and only with this show... So it makes me wonder how it could be a codec issue over the actual browser player.