Watched status missing

GhostRider
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

GhostRider

Hi

I had numerous false paths for people and genres in my databse after upgrading to V4 (see https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/71572-upgraded-to-v-403-have-some-problems/page-2 for my original problem). For people this was in the thousands and far too complex to fix using SQL edit via DB view. So I renamed my library.db to library.db.old to delete my library database and did a rescan.

All looks better after this but watched status was not restored. Each NFO for a watched movie contains:   <watched>true</watched>

My questions are

1) should the scan have picked watched status up from the NFO files?

2) How can I restore my watched status?

I was thinking of using DB view on the old backup copy of my database then updating in Emby. Can anybody point me to the right place to look for the watched status please?

Many thanks

Edited by GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke thanks for the NFO confirmation. Can you point me where to find the watched status in my old copy of the database please?

GhostRider

Thanks @@Luke

However I see the movie "name" is some internal key and contains text like

005280d2-a23c-b892-6609-55b5c0f0f600

Is there a way in DB View to create a query that will show movie name and userid name in English text where viewed is ture?

With this I can manually tick the movies / episodes in Emby.

Edited by GhostRider

GhostRider

Thanks @@Luke, I was able to use the backup plugin to restore watched status and favorites.

A secondary advantage of dropping and recreating my library database is that it is about 1/3rd the size now so I guess will be more efficient.