Will this TV card work with Emby server

deallier

Spaceboy

Or you can use backend server software like npvr to create an m3u which you can load into emby so it does all the recording. The best of both worlds! I use this method with dvbviewer

BAlGaInTl

Or you can use backend server software like npvr to create an m3u which you can load into emby so it does all the recording. The best of both worlds! I use this method with dvbviewer

Yes, it also supports m3u.

I don't have as much experience with that though.

Personally, I just prefer using a supported tuner. Using a network tuner (HDHomerun) just makes it easier for all my other devices to use it too.

Spaceboy

Yes, it also supports m3u.

I don't have as much experience with that though.

Personally, I just prefer using a supported tuner. Using a network tuner (HDHomerun) just makes it easier for all my other devices to use it too.

yes but many of us already have tv cards before emby came along. Also many of the tv cards are far far more functional than the hd homerun. Just because emby doesn’t support them directly doesn’t change that

Making an m3u is dead easy and I’m sure that you can appreciate that a m3u has exactly the same network functionality as a hdhr

Edited by Spaceboy

deallier

Hi

i actually  have a second server that just runs as a iptv server with two TBS6909 DVB-S2 8 Tuner PCIe Cards in it and a dedicated lan connection to the main server that runs Emby so i know how to setup M3u files

the problem i have is that the second server has no more pcie slots left , so i was thinking of putting (TBS6209 Carte PCIe Octa 8 tuner) in the main server that runs Emby.

the other problem i have is i am running DVBLink IPTV Server and i would like to know how i can set it
up to transmit the stream in
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)
because i have some channels that are transmitted in
Codec: MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv)
and as Emby server does not like this format it transcodes them to H264 -
MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264) and that uses a lot of CPU resources ,
as i can't see any settings anywhere to change this i was hoping that you
could help

any ideas would be great

thanks

Hi

i actually  have a second server that just runs as a iptv server with two TBS6909 DVB-S2 8 Tuner PCIe Cards in it and a dedicated lan connection to the main server that runs Emby so i know how to setup M3u files

the problem i have is that the second server has no more pcie slots left , so i was thinking of putting (TBS6209 Carte PCIe Octa 8 tuner) in the main server that runs Emby.

the other problem i have is i am running DVBLink IPTV Server and i would like to know how i can set it

could help

any ideas would be great

thanks

Hi there, Emby Server likes that format just fine. The reason it is being converted is because the app you're playing from doesn't support that video codec. Web browsers do not support mpeg2. Does that answer your question?

Spaceboy

Hi

could help

any ideas would be great

thanks

the problem you will have is building an m3u that will require the same channel to point at two separate tv servers. what you want is to have all tv cards set up in the same tv server to simplify that. i don't remember if dvblink allows you to do that.

i think the same would apply even if you use the respective emby plugins, i don't know of any way that you can combine the same tv channel from different sources

Edited by Spaceboy