.nfo files being created

retiredfields

retiredfields

I just noticed that every time I play a movie, from a Roku device, I am getting a .nfo file created in the movie folder, of the windows server. I have checked each library and none of them have the .nfo save checkbox enabled.

This is new behavior, which appears to have started several months ago.

How do I stop this?

Hi there, you must have nfo file saving enabled. Can you double check each library?

CBers

In the "Nfo Metadata" settings, do you have the "Save user watch data to nfo's" enabled for the user in question?.

• Like 1

retiredfields

I double checked and no folders have .nfo checked. I also have the .nfo metadata save user set to none.

I took a closer look at the ,nfo files, and many were for movies that I have not watched in a long time, yet the .nfo files were created recently.

I was using the beta version of Emby/Roku for a while, during this time frame. I have since gone back to the released version. This was so I could browse folders.

This is an FYI, since I have not been able to duplicate the .nfo creation since my original post. Attached is an .nfo file that was created on 1/22/2019. I have not watched this movie in years.

Thanks

Walk The Line.nfo

Can you show a screenshot of the emby library settings where nfo saving is disabled? thanks !

retiredfields

The .nfo files are still being created. The last two movies I watched from ROKU, created .nfo files in their respective folders. However, the .nfo was not created in the temporary folder, where I watch the movies from, but in their final folder, after I moved the file there. I watch the movie from the "Hold" folder. After watching the movie, I move it to the "Classic" folder. Emby creates the .nfo in the "Classic" folder, apparently, the next time Emby does a scan.

Again, this is new, in the last 4 months or so. I have used Emby for years and never had a .nfo file created.

I am going to try checking, saving and then unchecking all the ,nfo check boxes in the libraries.

Happy2Play

I haven't seen this behavior, but media is being moved from folder to folder I can only assume a library has nfo enabled.