Android TV - Getting kicked out of App completely

slsforever

slsforever

Over the last week after doing the latest update, Any time I go into my Live Tv, then click on guide,  and then click on any channel, once I click the channel it brings up the screen to play I select play and once I do the App crashes completely and takes me directly back to my Nvidia Shield homescreen. IVe tried it with multiple channels, and its the same result. I have also tested on a Samsung Galaxy s9plus, Firetv Pendent, linux laptop via web browser, and  lastly a windows laptop  All with the same results so.  Now for the perplexing part in this.. i can click 5 to 20 times and eventually get the stream to come up.. and then 3 minutes later it will kick me out of the channel and put me at the guide screen. I had no issues before the last update and could watch any channel at any time and not have a single kick out for 10 to 20 hours at a time.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  

Setup is as follows 

Dell 3020 with Ubuntu 18.04 hard wired with nothing else running besides Emby

System has 16 gigs of ram, and a 1tb hard drive internal and 2 tb external

Most troublesome device is the Nvidia Shield  which runs on wifi  *no way to hardwire due to the setup of the room but is running wifi 20 feet from the modem

I have updated server application to latest app

have updated the emby app on all devices so as to rule out compatibility

Again any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Shane

slsforever

I have severall logs but Im pulling the 3AM log since it appears to have the most information  it appears to create a log entry every time it crashes so if you need more please let me know.

embyserver-63692928182.txt

What exactly is crashing? The server, or the Nvidia shield app?

slsforever

When I click on the app  then live tv, I then let the guide show up and click on any channel.. once I click on channel it goes to where it looks like its loading the channel and that is when the application closes 100 % and  I have to re click on emby and start over.  I thought it might be a corrupt user account so created a new user and that let me in and let me load a channel, then as soon as the station starts to play it will kick me out of the channel after 5 to 15 seconds of playing and then after 4 or 5 times it does the same as the regular account..  Its quite perplexing since it doesnt make any sense to me..  Before this last update I could click on a channel and it would just play with no kickouts and no issues  so any ideas  are welcome and Ill try anything since I love Emby, especially with the guide integration and crispness of the video playing.. 

slsforever

side note I have had 2 times in the last week where the server itself has crashed and one time where the PC its residing on has powered itself down. Ive configured the linux distro to never power down with out a administrative password so Its quite strange since Ive not had a single instance of problem up until this last update.

If you look in the server log your iptv provider returned this:

Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied)

Are you running into a stream limit?

slsforever

I noticed that as well and monitored my line count and when I click on a station I get 1 connection once it kicks me out and I try to reconnect it gives me 2 and so on up to 5 of 2 connections In the past I only had 1 connection and thought if I increased to 2 that I could circumvent this since Emby doesnt see the kickout and auto send a disconnect message to the server problem being is it takes 60 seconds for the server to see that it dropped the connection since Emby doesnt send a message that said channel crashes and its not being viewed. (im a reseller so i can see all this in my panel since I can watch the connections)  Ive tested with  smarters, xctv, tivimate and so on and as soon as I close a stream my connection at the server level is immediately terminated. Im unsure why this is happening since as I said before the update this didnt happen since I monitored my own connections in my panel to make sure I didnt need a second or third connection. 

slsforever

Just a followup.....  I got fed up with the kick outs and seeing that the latest version of install bouncing my connections from 1 to 5 or 6 when being kicked out so I decided to do a full uninstall and reinstalled the package for just before this last update and its no longer kicking me out  and causing a connection limit issue.. not sure whats changed but figured Id try this and it has fixed the issue.. If you would prefer me to reinstall in order to troubleshoot so as to fix for others in the off chance that they have an issue Id be willing to do so, just had the time to uninstall and work to remap channels  and figured since I love the emby setup and guide better than my providers crappy epg that Id see if this fixed it.

slsforever

Luke Im unsure if any of the info above helps  nor what info I can give that could be more helpful, If you have any thing you need info wise that may help please dont hesitate to shoot me a message since I love emby and love the direction its heading!!!     

slsforever

Wondering if their is any solution for this issue? Im really wanting to ditch all the player apps and go 100% to Emby for guide and interface.. I love the Gui, Love the functionality for my media library (Im a collector of music, movies, and tv series) Or any advice on what I should tweak to work around the problem?

Hi.  You said that even the web app on your laptop had this issue?

Also, exactly what did you re-install that has appeared to solve the problem?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The server release prior to the current one

What version number are you on?