Iptv, emby app and limited connections

erikprimo

erikprimo

Good morning! Quick question : my iptv provider only permits 3 connections per account. if use a Mac with emby server and an m3u list and then proceed to my iphone to view the channel through the emby app am I using one more device than permitted by my provider? Or does my iptv provider see only the emby server and I can use the emby app on a unlimited amount of apps?

gtmnyc

3 connections means you can watch 3 channels at the same time.. But you can install your m3u on any number of devices.. Now if you are asking by going thru the emby server can you have multiple more connections that would d be restreaming. I don't know sorry.

In most cases your iptv provider will only see the emby server.

• Like 1

erikprimo

Thank you @@Luke for the reply! Now if could just get iptv to stream more than 15 minutes I would be a lifetime advocate for emby.

wulfeman6869

How many connections will the iptv server see if you have multiple recordings going on at one time.. in this case 3.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Generally speaking if all connections are going through Emby then 1 and only 1 provider stream will be used per channel regardless of how many recordings or people are using that channel.

So generally speaking going only through Emby then a "channel in use" = 1 provider stream.  So if a provider give you 3 streams then 3 channels can be used via Emby.

Carlo

Then 3 recordings max?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

If that's what your provider gives you then yes.

Emby will use the amount of connections you set it up to use.  When you setup the M3U file there is an field where you fill in the max number of streams your provider supports.

If your provider gave you 10 streams then you would put in 10 in that field.

If you are using an M3U file you put together yourself using free to use M3U/TS sources then you could setup the M3U files with 0 connections.  0 means NO MAXIMUM.

So Emby will handle what ever you need it to from a maximum standpoint.

• Like 1