IPTV small buffer - ffmpeg error in log

cochize1

cochize1

I know that IPTV services sometimes can be unstable and tend to freeze and stutter during some live events but I was hoping someone could help me handle all the settings in Emby before I can blame my provider.

My Emby server is latest version 4.1.1.0 on Synology NAS DS218+. I use Emby Theater to watch live tv (IPTV with ts m3u file) because it won't start in my Chrome directly (the content is streamed since I can tell seeing my download/upload meter but I just get spinning cycle and no actual stream, not sure why because it plays fine in Microsoft Edge; I already contacted Luke in that matter).

Every now and then I gut stutter or freeze during play in Emby Theater and it correaltes with error alerts in logs, mainly:

- Error PortMapper: Error creating port map

- Error App: FfmpegCommandHandler:SendThrottleCommand Timeout waiting for throttle confirmation

Attached logs from yesterday while I was watching Leicester - City game and two other users were watchin latest GoT episode. I also attach ffmpeg log from around that time but not sure if it is neccesary or relevant to my problem.

Afetr the game I disabled throttling and set H.264 encoding CRF to "18" hoping that might help somehow (but I have no idea how does it work and what is the purpose of that). 

I was hoping someone could help me out with the stream buffer proble before today's Champions League semifinal.

Thanks in advance.

embyserver-63692791200.txt

ffmpeg-remux-f5bb0d83-aee1-48d7-9c47-609fc706f06e_1.txt

Hi, this ffmpeg log is from a video file. Are you sure it's the right one?

cochize1

Well, not sure to be honest, since there are around 10-15 different ffmepg logs around that time and I just posted the latest one. Should I send all others? Or how can I know which one is the right one?

cochize1

So, the game lasted from 21:00 till 23:00 local time and I have sorted logs through their modification time and all ffmpeg logs refered to the series being streamed by other users, except for this one attached, refering to a .ts stream (my IPTV), but it only lasted for 41 seconds. Does it show anything poiting to the errors that might have caused the stream to buffer. I really wish I can set everything the best way possible in my Emby server. 

Refering to the port errors, maybe I should open some for my Synology to work/stream properly even thought the UPnP is set?

post-444189-0-68390900-1557302471_thumb.jpg

ffmpeg-remux-9b644993-1f8c-458c-b17c-b0f40e904553_1.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can you try lowering the in app quality setting to force a fill transcode? Please see if that helps. Thanks.