4 replies to this topic

#1 cochize1 OFFLINE  

cochize1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Local time: 05:45 PM

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:56 AM

I know that IPTV services sometimes can be unstable and tend to freeze and stutter during some live events but I was hoping someone could help me handle all the settings in Emby before I can blame my provider.

My Emby server is latest version 4.1.1.0 on Synology NAS DS218+. I use Emby Theater to watch live tv (IPTV with ts m3u file) because it won't start in my Chrome directly (the content is streamed since I can tell seeing my download/upload meter but I just get spinning cycle and no actual stream, not sure why because it plays fine in Microsoft Edge; I already contacted Luke in that matter).

Every now and then I gut stutter or freeze during play in Emby Theater and it correaltes with error alerts in logs, mainly:

- Error PortMapper: Error creating port map

- Error App: FfmpegCommandHandler:SendThrottleCommand Timeout waiting for throttle confirmation

Attached logs from yesterday while I was watching Leicester - City game and two other users were watchin latest GoT episode. I also attach ffmpeg log from around that time but not sure if it is neccesary or relevant to my problem.

Afetr the game I disabled throttling and set H.264 encoding CRF to "18" hoping that might help somehow (but I have no idea how does it work and what is the purpose of that). 

I was hoping someone could help me out with the stream buffer proble before today's Champions League semifinal.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts
  • Local time: 11:45 AM

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:05 PM

Hi, this ffmpeg log is from a video file. Are you sure it's the right one?

#3 cochize1 OFFLINE  

cochize1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

Well, not sure to be honest, since there are around 10-15 different ffmepg logs around that time and I just posted the latest one. Should I send all others? Or how can I know which one is the right one?

#4 cochize1 OFFLINE  

cochize1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:01 AM

So, the game lasted from 21:00 till 23:00 local time and I have sorted logs through their modification time and all ffmpeg logs refered to the series being streamed by other users, except for this one attached, refering to a .ts stream (my IPTV), but it only lasted for 41 seconds. Does it show anything poiting to the errors that might have caused the stream to buffer. I really wish I can set everything the best way possible in my Emby server. 

Refering to the port errors, maybe I should open some for my Synology to work/stream properly even thought the UPnP is set?

Attached Files

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts
  • Local time: 11:45 AM

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:05 PM

Hi, can you try lowering the in app quality setting to force a fill transcode? Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iptv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users