2 issues with the Android TV app

Phorn

Phorn

I got a new nVidia Shield and am doing the app trial. I'm having a couple issues though... one being that when pausing or backing out of a playing video, the audio will glitch and will play a loud annoying tone until: the Emby app is force-closed, or I start playing another video

See example -- https://photos.app.goo.gl/w7p3JBPa1g2Gc9hg7

This happens randomly, not every time, but often enough that it drives me crazy. It doesn't seem to be exclusive to any type of video/audio source

I also have issues with video just stopping. It won't start playing again until I press forward or backward. Press pause/play does nothing.

The server dashboard shows that the video is playing but the time just increases a few seconds and then goes back, over and over again.

It only happens on my Shield. Never happened on my Roku or other devices, even over the internet

I looked over the logs but don't see any errors.

Next time it happens I'll have to note the exact time and post the logs

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

Your second issue may be the Nvidia firmware bug.  If  you lower the bitrate setting to force a transcode, does it still occur?

The first issue I have never heard of before...

WilhelmStroker

Second issue could be a shield issue but I thought it was fixed in a recent update. Have you updated your shield?

The fix is specifically mentioned in the 7.0.1 release notes:

“Fixes bug where loud buzzing is heard when pausing video with multi-channel audio.”