Recording Conflicts/Failed Recordings

wayloncovil

wayloncovil

Hi.

I noticed that I had scheduled 3 shows at the same time recently. I have 2 tuners.

The 3 shows appear to be from 3 distinct broadcast channels so it's not a situation where I'm recording on 2 subchannels.

My expectation would be that I would see some type of notification showing me that I've got a scheduling conflict but I didn't see one.

Is there a way I can check conflicts?

Also, is there a place I can go to see failed recordings?

Thanks!

Emby doesn't currently have any conflict resolution or recording logging that is easy to view.

Both of these items have been requested.

It's been like this since day one.  Since the software doesn't support any type of conflict resolution the alternative is to throw more "hardware" at it so you don't run out of "tuners".

Sammy

I'd probably run out of tuners anyhow. Plus, who wants to run out of tuners? If you have 5 things overlapping at 9pm you're going to run out of tuners anyhow so just get another one.

vaise

Allowing multiplex recording would help (but not in your case of three separate providers).

I have 6 tuners personally, and very glad I do as multiplex recording is not on Emby. 

I could record all channels we have in Australia at the same time before on tvh (if I ever wished), but not anymore.

That limitation aside, I much prefer using emby TV Recordings natively rather than tvh and a plugin or library over the tvh recordings