IPTV Direct stream Question

pir8radio

pir8radio

My iptv is direct streaming. I’m trying to follow the stats for nerds. So the stats say original media 20 Mbps but the “remuxed” video is only 3 Mbps? Shouldn’t it be about the same?

fc3be02d2b30dc38d9622142a30af491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pir8radio

It could be fluctuating during the video.

It does from 2.99 to 3. But since I’m not transcoding to a bitrate that low, I would expect the streamed video to be closer to the original media bitrate right? I’m missing 17mbps somewhere lol.

pir8radio

The source could fluctuate throughout the broadcast.

I’ll look at the logs. Thx.

My iptv is direct streaming. I’m trying to follow the stats for nerds. So the stats say original media 20 Mbps but the “remuxed” video is only 3 Mbps? Shouldn’t it be about the same?

fc3be02d2b30dc38d9622142a30af491.jpg

I'd actually use a different utility to look at the current bitrate of the original video.  I doubt it's 20Mb especially if you recorded it.

pir8radio

I'd actually use a different utility to look at the current bitrate of the original video.  I doubt it's 20Mb especially if you recorded it.

it was a live stream, no recording.   mpegts

if the probing process is unable to determine a bitrate then we estimate based on other information that we do know. So that could also explain it.

it was a live stream, no recording.   mpegts

If it was from a tuner like an HDHomeRun you can view the bitrate in the HDHomeRun web app.

If it was from an M3U provider, it won't be no where near that high as they use compression to keep the bitrates down.  You could always load the same stream in VLC or other program to pull that info.