Will Emby recognize Atmos on the info screen?

moviefan

bozrdnag

I just noticed though that the nfo files Emby creates is apparently able to detect Atmos.  Here is the audio section from one:

<audio>
    <bitrate>3616375</bitrate>
    <channels>8</channels>
    <codec>TrueHD Atmos</codec>
    <language>English</language>
</audio>

How is it that Emby can detect it to put it in the nfo file but not display it in the UI?

50 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

I just noticed though that the nfo files Emby creates is apparently able to detect Atmos.  Here is the audio section from one:

<audio>
    <bitrate>3616375</bitrate>
    <channels>8</channels>
    <codec>TrueHD Atmos</codec>
    <language>English</language>
</audio>

How is it that Emby can detect it to put it in the nfo file but not display it in the UI?

Hi, we don't read that info back from the nfo. We probe the file with ffmpeg.

bozrdnag

But what is it in Emby that is detecting it and putting it in the nfo?  And if that mechanism is more accurate or specific than ffmpeg then why not use that data instead (at least for the audio)?

Just now, bozrdnag said:

But what is it in Emby that is detecting it and putting it in the nfo?  And if that mechanism is more accurate or specific than ffmpeg then why not use that data instead (at least for the audio)?

The same info you see at the bottom of the web app detail screen 

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

It turns out Radarr was creating nfo files.  I turned that off now.  So how do I manually edit it to show Atmos?

As Luke mentioned Emby does not use that info at all, I believe it is only there for Kodi.

What is currently shown in Media Info for the item?  But pretty sure if the tracks are not manually titled as previously discussed and setting changed Emby will not show it.

bozrdnag

I understand it doesn't use the info in the nfo file but earlier in this thread it was said that you could manually edit a header title or something and Emby would display whatever was entered.  That's what I'm asking.

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

I understand it doesn't use the info in the nfo file but earlier in this thread it was said that you could manually edit a header title or something and Emby would display whatever was entered.  That's what I'm asking.

Emby will use the header title if item has header title and you select Embedded track title display: Prefer embedded titles (Dashboard-Library, Advanced tab)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/73214-will-emby-recognize-atmos-on-the-info-screen/&do=findComment&comment=743140

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

I get that, but how do I edit the header?

Easiest way is with MKVTookNIX, edit Name on each track.

mkvtoolnix.thumb.jpg.e20fbdf0fad6cca9b882cb579c2416bc.jpg

• Like 1

bozrdnag

Thanks!  Easy enough.

Still would be awesome if Emby could detect it on it's own though.

Edited by bozrdnag

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

Still would be awesome if Emby could detect it on it's own though.

In the end I believe it is a limitation of what ffmpeg/ffprobe detects.  As you see only title (custom name will provide this info)

ffprobe.jpg.2d04cbfeb3a60cf1203a3df8892d0da4.jpg