DLNA problem with server v.4.1.1.0

almaster

almaster

I'm using Emby with Premiere subscription on Synology NAS and server version 4.1.1.0. With this version now i'm able to play my FLAC music library on my Yamaha AVR over DLNA (the previous version didn't work completely). But the first problem is that the server return errors when moving the time track bar (seek function); i attach the log file with the error. The second problem is that the transition from one song to another isn't gapless (Yamaha display [no content] for one second when song end and going automatically to next song). It happens by controlling the dlna with the emby web player or with the emby android app. These problems do not occur using any other dlna server. Is there anything to configure in the dlna options or something I can try to solve these problems? Thanks.

log.txt

almaster

UPDATE: with my system (Synology NAS + Emby + Yamaha AVR) i suppose DLNA is totally bugged; when playing FLAC all works fine, but when i play MP3 both Emby and Yamaha crash... i must disconnect dlna and restart Yamaha (it had never happened before with my home theater). I've tried with different mp3 (different encoders and different bitrate). I attach a new log file where i can see that the server try to transcode mp3!!! But the transcode is disabled for all users, and surely my home theater doesn't need transcoding mp3 (it works perfectly with other dlna servers). In addition i can see an error in the log file: the querystring of the stream url results doubled encoded (look at &).

I can understand that the dlna functions are in beta, but from the point of view of a customer it would be better if it is well specified that this functionality is still in development as it is a basic function for a media server...

log.txt

Edited by almaster

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log.

Dlna features are not in beta, however, it is something that has to be tested individually on every single device and we haven't tested on a yamaha ourselves.

almaster

I attach a new complete log file. In this log i've tried with web interface:

1) going into music library, activating trasmission to play on Yamaha AVR through DLNA, playing a flac and trying (seek) to move forward through the time bar of the embedded emby player; nothing happens and after a while the time return to previous position.

2) playing the same song but in mp3 format (lame3.100 CBR:256 JointStereo); both embedded emby player and Yamaha AVR stuck; the Synology NAS start to load cpu at 100% and i must power off home theater and restart emby or select a flac file to unlock the embedded player.

I've tried these operations with many mp3 formats and the problems persist. The same files work fine if served through any other dlna server (also a mini dlna integrated in the router).

There is also a flood in the log for "Info Dlna" that was called more than 200 times! I hope there will be a solution soon, otherwise I won't be able to use emby for music... Thanks.

log.txt

• 2 weeks later...
almaster

After many tests, i've found that creating a dlna profile will prevent hundreds of "Info Dlna" called in the previous log. I've also found that the profile is recognized only with "User-Agent", ignoring all other identification parameters in the profile settings (string or reg exp). But now i can play every songs if i enable dlna server and play through the Yamaha AVR embedded player; unfortunately, browsing the library through Yamaha AVR app, all artists/albums are completely unordered!!! This not happens with other dlna server where all are always alphabetically ordered. So also embedded Yamaha AVR app with Emby dlna server results unusable.

Disabling dlna server and using only the cast option, playing FLAC with Emby embedded player and casting through dlna to Yamaha AVR are ok (only seek problem, but not important for me); instead, playing MP3, always the server try to transcode the song, CRASHING PLAYER AND YAMAHA AVR (must power off yamaha or play a flac song)! I attach the trascode log.The absurdity is that the server transcode from mp3 to the same mp3!!! I also found that the song link at the top of the log is double-encoded; if i open that song link with the browser, also the browser crashes playing that song; but if i decode the link (replacing & with & ) the browser can play correctly the song.

Obviously there are a lot of problems with dlna and after two weeks i cannot found a solution. This happens only with Emby, so i must use synology audio station or synology dlna server to play music to Yamaha AVR without problems.

Is there a solution to stop completely transcoding? If this errors cannot be corrected, is it possible to have a partial refund of the annual subscription until the problem is solved? Thanks

transcode.txt

Edited by almaster

@@almaster, we are looking at improving this. Thanks for reporting.

I attach a new complete log file. In this log i've tried with web interface:

1) going into music library, activating trasmission to play on Yamaha AVR through DLNA, playing a flac and trying (seek) to move forward through the time bar of the embedded emby player; nothing happens and after a while the time return to previous position.

2) playing the same song but in mp3 format (lame3.100 CBR:256 JointStereo); both embedded emby player and Yamaha AVR stuck; the Synology NAS start to load cpu at 100% and i must power off home theater and restart emby or select a flac file to unlock the embedded player.

I've tried these operations with many mp3 formats and the problems persist. The same files work fine if served through any other dlna server (also a mini dlna integrated in the router).

There is also a flood in the log for "Info Dlna" that was called more than 200 times! I hope there will be a solution soon, otherwise I won't be able to use emby for music... Thanks.

Ok, I should have the log flooding resolved for the next update to the dlna plugin. Thanks.