Last CoverArt Update won't complete properly

moviefan

moviefan

Server keeps telling me that I need to restart it after the most recent CoverArt update (CoverArt (4.0.5.9) )to finish updating but every time I restart it keeps saying the same thing.

I've restarted the service, the OS.  The service and then the OS.  Doesn't matter.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by moviefan

Happy2Play

Do you have the same results if you run by MBS Icon and not as service?  To verify this maybe a service issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

I believe there was a report a week or so ago that the service was having this problem of looping restarts on updates.  @@Luke - did that get nabbed in this go-round?

moviefan

Just something weird with my installation I think.

I first tried Happy2Play's suggestion and moved to the regular MBC icon startup.  The issue persisted.

So I went into plugins to remove CoverArt completely and noticed something that has happened before:

5378bb000c85c_ca3.png

Somehow it shows two installations of CA.

So I tried deleting the older one first and restarting but the same thing happened each time I restarted.

So then I tried deleting both of the CoverArt plugins and restarting, but no matter how many times I did this it kept adding the old version back in and then trying to update it upon restart.

So I just went and manually deleted the .dll from the plugins folder, restarted, reinstalled and back to normal.

BTW, the issue with the service restarts causing a notification to be raised about a new server version does still exist.

You had two copies of the dll in your plug-in folder.  At some point, you must've manually copied one in there and windows re-named it "CoverArt (1).dll" because there was already one there.