Harmony trial period has ended

davesurfer

davesurfer

Hi! I've used the Harmony theme for years, I've bought the license a few times and then I got this popup that says

"Harmony Trial Period Has Ended" If you enjoy this theme it can be purchased through the MB Store. (see picture attachment of screenshot.

I looked in my email and found the last key I got. How can I renew this? It's really annoying that I got no warning and of a sudden I can't go into Media Browser at all, it's locked me out. Maybe a 30 day warning would be good so I can actually renew the Harmony Theme and not render my HTPC useless??? :)

Someone please help me renew my key, I went to www.mediabrowser.tv/lost-key to retrieve my supporter key but that link no longer works. Thanks!!! :)

post-3938-0-51968300-1400373982_thumb.jpg

deasther

All of my themes have an expired message.  As far as i knew i had purchased a package of themes from Throgsoft "FOR LIFE".  There is a message saying that i should go to mediabrowser.tv/lost-key however this is a broken link.  This only just happened today.  Any help actually finding the retrieve key page would be much appreciated.  Yes, i searched the site and forums before posting this so please no smart comments.

chef

Sorry fellas, right now none of the throgsoft themes have been updated for the latest versions of media browser.

I also purchased these themes, and loved them, but until throg, or someone with coding know how can get the .sln for the theme and update them, they have been removed.

There are other great options, and as always the chocolate theme is up to date with the latest media browser server abilities.

Edited by chef

davesurfer

Crappy! I really like the Harmony theme, gotten used to it. If I would've known that MB updates by itself and themes break I would've prevented it from updating. Throgsoft's site is still up, and he has a donation thing and everything...so he must be still around??

techywarrior

Crappy! I really like the Harmony theme, gotten used to it. If I would've known that MB updates by itself and themes break I would've prevented it from updating. Throgsoft's site is still up, and he has a donation thing and everything...so he must be still around??

Unfortunately not. Throg hasn't been around for a long time. I think he made mention one time that he was going to update his themes for MB3 but even that was 6+ months ago and he hasn't been heard from since.

There are some new themes that are supported and you can check the individual forums for each of them. Many people have migrated from MB2 to MB3 and since those old themes didn't work well they have found similar and/or better new themes. That may give you some insight into which new theme may work best for you.

davesurfer

Unfortunately not. Throg hasn't been around for a long time. I think he made mention one time that he was going to update his themes for MB3 but even that was 6+ months ago and he hasn't been heard from since.

There are some new themes that are supported and you can check the individual forums for each of them. Many people have migrated from MB2 to MB3 and since those old themes didn't work well they have found similar and/or better new themes. That may give you some insight into which new theme may work best for you.

hm too bad. Ok I'm confused, my MB is still 2.5.3.0, isn't that the old version still? If my MB was automatically updating and broke the theme I could understand, but it seems that my MB is still the old one. So should I get the new 3.x? Is there a link that shows all the current theme plugins out there? If I upgrade do I lose all my settings (media drive specifications etc.) or will those retain? Sorry for all the questions, thanks for your quick replies!! :)

Edited by davesurfer

davesurfer

Also, what's the diff between "Windows" and "Media Browser Theater" downloads? I already use Metabrowser to manage my collection, so I'm assuming I only need the Theater one right?

Ok, figured it out, need the server still. Before there was just the one install which came with the Media Center plugin and the configurator. So this was quite a different setup ;p

Edited by davesurfer

The MB 2 project has been dead for almost two years now and MB 3 has been available for almost a year.  The people who were continuing to maintain infrastructure for the old MB 2 versions are no longer around or involved in the project and recently took that infrastructure down.

We actually announced that this would probably happen as of Jan 1st of this year but it was still maintained until recently.

techywarrior

hm too bad. Ok I'm confused, my MB is still 2.5.3.0, isn't that the old version still? If my MB was automatically updating and broke the theme I could understand, but it seems that my MB is still the old one. So should I get the new 3.x? Is there a link that shows all the current theme plugins out there? If I upgrade do I lose all my settings (media drive specifications etc.) or will those retain? Sorry for all the questions, thanks for your quick replies!! :)

MB2 doesn't automatically upgrade to MB3. The reason that you encountered the expired theme issue is because the old system that handled the validation of plugins, supporter status etc. has been retired. I don't want to get into the reasoning but that is where we are at the moment.

The first thing you want to install is Media Browser Server (this is required). You can then choose how you want to interact with your media. Media Browser Theatre is a new Windows client (more for people who don't use Windows Media Center). Media Browser Classic is the client that is the replacement for MB2. 

You can't run MB3 and MB2 at the same time so you will need to remove MB2 first.

All your settings will need to be redone in MB3 as the system is completely different in it's architecture. It will do a lot more for you now tho. You may be pleasantly surprised by how well it works now.

Once you install MB3 Server you can see the plugins available (as well as themes). Or you can look on the forums. Each theme has it's own forum thread.

chef

I think you will be very happy upgrading to mb3

There are a bunch if great themes and you can use it on a bunch of different devices.

I also miss throg themes.

I wish I could get my ascendancy theme again!!

davesurfer

I think you will be very happy upgrading to mb3

There are a bunch if great themes and you can use it on a bunch of different devices.

I also miss throg themes.

I wish I could get my ascendancy theme again!!

Now I've spent tonnes of time picking covers, backdrops, actor's photos etcs. Do I lose all this? I don't want this stuff automatically put in for me. I use Metabrowser to organize my library in the background, I just need a player that reads the metadata already there, not create or delete the old stuff that I setup.

Like does it still use the folder.jpg for covers, background.jpg etc. for backgrounds?

Crap, I just noticed, I have some movies in folders such as trilogies etc. Now it seems MB3 is just reading them outside of their folders. For example, I had a Matrix Trilogy folder with a cover, then inside that folder was all the Matrix movies. Now they are all out in the open. which makes for hundreds of movies without organization. How do you get this to work?

Frack, now my movies are playing stretch, out of ratio, and jerky. I just want to back and use the WMC plugin. It's a different player now, so all my Shark007 codec settings are setup to work with WMC, not MB player. Arg, this will take forever. I didn't want to setup codecs and f around with all that again.

Edited by davesurfer

techywarrior

Now I've spent tonnes of time picking covers, backdrops, actor's photos etcs. Do I lose all this? I don't want this stuff automatically put in for me. I use Metabrowser to organize my library in the background, I just need a player that reads the metadata already there, not create or delete the old stuff that I setup.

Like does it still use the folder.jpg for covers, background.jpg etc. for backgrounds?

Yes, use the Standard Image Saving convention in the MB3 Metadata settings. You may also want to turn off all the internet fetching in the MB3 settings.

Make sure you configure all the metadata settings BEFORE you add your library in MB3 tho so it doesn't run a scan before you change them.

davesurfer

Yes, use the Standard Image Saving convention in the MB3 Metadata settings. You may also want to turn off all the internet fetching in the MB3 settings.

Make sure you configure all the metadata settings BEFORE you add your library in MB3 tho so it doesn't run a scan before you change them.

Yeah I did turn off the "download artwork and metadata from the internet". So I think that might have stopped it. But a lot of covers aren't being displayed. I just saw that there's a mediabrowser classic which is a WMC plugin, maybe this is what I need since I already have all the codecs and setttings with Shark007 setup for WMC nicely.

oh ok, I switched to the Standard image saving convention, thanks.

Edited by davesurfer

One2Go

This has been discussed at length here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7319-wow-what-happened/

The only way to get Throg's themes to work again is for EBR to write a handler that will authenticate Throg's themes. It is an authentication error because the old site is no longer operational. It is being redirected but Throg's themes call for authentication and that is not being handled.

I am also massively disappointed but have great hope that EBR from the goodness of his heart will eventually write a handler so that us Throgsoft diehards will be able to run those themes.

Finally, I don't think that anyone anticipated that the development of themes for MB3 would be the weakest part of MB2 to MB3 migration. Many of the Devs of themes have packed it in and there are a few threads bemoaning this fact.

Edited by One2Go

davesurfer

This has been discussed at length here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7319-wow-what-happened/

The only way to get Throg's themes to work again is for EBR to write a handler that will authenticate Throg's themes. It is an authentication error because the old site is no longer operational. It is being redirected but Throg's themes call for authentication and that is not being handled.

I am also massively disappointed but have great hope that EBR from the goodness of his heart will eventually write a handler so that us Throgsoft diehards will be able to run those themes.

Finally, I don't think that anyone anticipated that the development of themes for MB3 would be the weakest part of MB2 to MB3 migration. Many of the Devs of themes have packed it in and there are a few threads bemoaning this fact.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. Thanks for all the help. I haven't kept up with what's going on and have just been watching movies and TV shows and adding them to my collection. I was thinking, if it isn't broken, it doesn't need fixing so I left it as is. So many times I've fiddled with stuff like this like codecs and video stuff and it messes up things and I have to spend days putting things back to normal. So when I got this message I was thinking "Oh no!" ;0

davesurfer

Looks good so far! I just need to know where the new actor's images are stored as they don't show up in MBC now. Previously they were in the \mediabrowserdata\imagesbyname\people but where is the new location for these images? I do still have this imagesbyname folder as I moved it to another drive for easier management and backup. Thanks!!

techywarrior

Go to the web client, go to settings, Advanced. Then click on the Paths tab.

All the customizable locations are there. You can then point the IBN path to the one you have created.

• Like 1

chef

Go to the web client, go to settings, Advanced. Then click on the Paths tab.

All the customizable locations are there. You can then point the IBN path to the one you have created.

This is definitely one the most important things to do when you are setting up the server.

MBC sound like what you want.

There are also some really great feature in the web client such as remote control options and you can even use it on your cellular.

Also you can access your media from a remote location, which is by far the coolest part of the new media browser.