Live TV Setup

jnedbalek
Go to solution Solved by jnedbalek,

jnedbalek

Is there a guide for setting up the live tv portion? I have read what i could, set the schedules (I have it for Emby Guide Data and XML tv) but nothing shows up. If I try to manually scan, it does it for 3-4 seconds and nothing. I have the homerun setup, and it's recognizing it, so I feel like I'm missing a step, but I just can't figure out what it is. I've attached what the screens look like in setup (blocking out the  name of them). Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? 

post-335646-0-16067700-1556735179_thumb.png

post-335646-0-43335200-1556735193_thumb.png

jnedbalek

Did you set up the tuners first? Were they recognized by Emby?

This part? 

5cc9ec6f114f4_ScreenShot20190501at15628P

Sammy

Is there a guide for setting up the live tv portion? I have read what i could, set the schedules (I have it for Emby Guide Data and XML tv) but nothing shows up. If I try to manually scan, it does it for 3-4 seconds and nothing. I have the homerun setup, and it's recognizing it, so I feel like I'm missing a step, but I just can't figure out what it is. I've attached what the screens look like in setup (blocking out the  name of them). Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? 

Under Emby Guide Data, Select the correct OTA guide for you ZIP Code.

post-335646-0-16067700-1556735179.png

Edited by Sammy

jnedbalek

Did you set up the tuners first? Were they recognized by Emby?

Under Emby Guide Data, Select the correct OTA guide for you ZIP Code.

post-335646-0-16067700-1556735179.png

Yes. Does it show the ip address of the tuner?

It did for all those. They all have things under them, I just blocked them out since I'm posting them. IP is listed as well as the OTA (one is for the over the air and the other is for the cable I'm guessing, but they are both listed underneath) 

I should add that when I clip map channels nothing shows up, so I'm guessing that is where the problem lies. I'm not at home to physically check it, so I'll do that as soon as I get there to see if that might be an issue 

Edited by jnedbalek

kanipek

Have you tried mapping the channels?  Click on the 3 dot menu you are showing in your SS's (TV Guide Data Providers) you will find an option to map channels.  If you choose that what do you see?

Also What @@Sammy is saying - have you setup the tuner(s) with a channel scan?

If you look at the log it will tell you what the issue is - hopefully.

You can also attach it here and we can look at it - please sanitize out any IPTV provider/PW item if you are using that.

Edited by kanipek

jnedbalek

Have you tried mapping the channels?  Click on the 3 dot menu you are showing in your SS's (TV Guide Data Providers) you will find an option to map channels.  If you choose that what do you see?

Also What @@Sammy is saying - have you setup the tuner(s) with a channel scan?

If you look at the log it will tell you what the issue is - hopefully.

You can also attach it here and we can look at it - please sanitize out any IPTV provider/PW item if you are using that.

This may be what I'm missing. I'm not seeing an option to channel scan. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place

kanipek

This may be what I'm missing. I'm not seeing an option to channel scan. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place

If you put the ip address of your tuner into any web browser you will find the web UI for the tuner(s)

Sammy

Hmm..

Did you scan the tuner for channels using the HDHomeRun web app GUI?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Yes they are correct. Does your hdhromerun web interface show channels?

• Solution
jnedbalek

I have it figured out! Somehow the homerun itself had gotten unplugged but it was still being recognized. Once I plugged it in it mapped and scanned and everything is working now.

Thank you everyone so much for your help

• Like 1