3.0.8: No output after viewing movie

serpi

serpi

Hi,

now, with version 3.0.8, I re-enabled frame rate switching, as the border problem is gone.

But there is another problem:

Sometimes, after playing an episode/movie that required switching (and, as the desktop is 60Hz and most videos here in Germany are 24fps or 50fps, this means nearly every video) my TV shows No input and just stays black after stopping the video and Emby should be there again.

Most times, it helps just to move a little bit around with the remote in Emby (left, or up, something like that) and the screen get's back, but sometimes I have to put the HTPC to sleep and back, to have the picture back.

Switching the TV off and on doesn't help.

If I disable frame rate switching and enable interpolition instead, I get little audio drops from time to time (which already have been there in 3.0.6 and before, since I didn't use frame rate switching), which seems to come from some very short stuttering in the video from time to time.

This seems to happen with AC3 passthrough and audio reencoding (AAC -> PCM, for example).

I do not see these drops/stuttering when frame rate switching is enabled.

This is a Windows 10 64Bit HTPC, Intel J3455 with onboard HD500 graphics.

I'm also using Kodi on this box (now 18.2) with frame rate switching enabled and there are no black screen problems with it.

Any ideas about this?

Has anything changed in the frame rate switching script since earlier times, as I didn't have this problems before?

Ciao, Alfred

Edited by serpi

Hi there, are you saying video has stopped, or has it moved onto the next episode?

serpi

Hi there, are you saying video has stopped, or has it moved onto the next episode?

Yes, this happens after the video is stopped.

The Emby UI shows for a very short time and then it goes black, could be the time needed to revert to original framerate.

Emby does pause the video for switching the frame rate when playing starts, is there also a pause for switching back?

Can this pause be disabled?

Ciao, Alfred

(Just saw it in the refreshrate.lua script, if pause is set to 0 it will be disabled; I will try this later on the htpc)

• 2 weeks later...
serpi

Oh, sorry, forgot to write back.

It didn't change anything, still getting no output sometimes.

Ciao, Alfred

If you disable refresh rate switching, does that make any difference?

serpi

Without refresh rate switching there is no problem. And there's also no problem with refresh rate switching in Kodi on the same windows install.

Also, there was never a black screen when the movie starts and changes refresh rate, only after stopping and returning back to emby UI and Original Rate.

Ciao, Alfred