info added to database

Lupine

Lupine

after installing Emby server and scanning my media into it I've noticed that my files now have additional data added . Is this necessary and can it be undone? The data consists of posters, banners etc.

Edited by Lupine

Hi there, for existing media you can simply use the editing functions to delete what you do not want. This is the metadata editor and/or image editor.

For future media, you can configure your Emby library settings to not download internet metadata. Just click on a library in Emby library setup and you'll see the settings for that library. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Lupine

Hi Luke, I'm not the most computer literate individual on this forum and it usually takes me longer to sort through issues such as these. I do want the series art and episode descriptions, in fact all my files have already been tagged using MetaX. It seems from your response that  I need to edit on the server whereas the issue I have is with my files on my attached hard drive. If I configure the Emby library settings to not download internet metadata will I lose the series art and episode descriptions?

Happy2Play

Emby has metadata downloaders and image fetchers per library.  If your media has existing metadata or images (properly named) it will be used.  If the media does not then Emby will use the settings that you have applies or default setting when the library was created.  Go to Dashbaord-Library-select each library (enable show advanced settings) to see all your options.

It has been awhile since I tested this but Emby should be able to read the embedded (metaX) metadata from the file.  Do remember if embedded images are used.