why are folders being left behind after I remvoe a recording?

rykr

I just looked at my dvr folder and I see folders for 2019 NFL Draft and several other shows where I have deleted all the recordings but the containing folder is still there?  

is this a bug?

Hi there, can you please go over an example of a specific folder? What was inside? What is inside now? Thanks !

Sure. It *appears* that the folder is left behind when a single recording of a series is deleted.  When I choose delete media on a recording from the web ui the folder is removed.   But for example we watched the only episode of Madam Secretary we had recorded a few days ago and deleted it after watching from our shield tv.  Now on the server I have the following folder inside my dvr folder.

Madam Secretary (2014)

poster.jpg

Season 5  (folder that is empty)

tvshow.nfo

There are other examples just like this.

CBers

I just looked at my dvr folder and I see folders for 2019 NFL Draft and several other shows where I have deleted all the recordings but the containing folder is still there?

is this a bug?

It's always been like that.

CBers

So it's a bug? Do we know if it's been reported so it can be fixed?

Depends if it's considered a bug, or just something that hasn't been catered for.

Depends if it's considered a bug, or just something that hasn't been catered for.

I suppose you could consider it not a bug.  But there *should* be an option that says we want the dvr to delete any enclosing folders once all recordings are deleted.

Currently that's how the delete function has always worked, but yes that can be improved.