Channel sort order when more than 10 sub-channels

spuleckip

spuleckip

This probably doesn’t happen often - but we have a local OTA station that has added an 11th sub-channel. Five or six of them are of interest and are set as favorites on my HDHomerun (I have Emby set to only utilize/display HDHR favorites)

HDHR orders them correctly, but Emby will order the channels with 56.11 being first, then 56.1, 56.2, etc

It’s not a problem, just an annoyance in the way Emby displays the order.

I’m aware I can edit the sort titles in the metadata manager, but while it would be a low priority, this can probably be corrected in the software too.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the HDHR channel lineup and of the Emby metadata manager which orders them the same way the guide does by default. Although the iPhone guide doesn’t display the channel numbers, I’ve included it as well just to show the default order.

post-385539-0-30613600-1556529011_thumb.png

post-385539-0-59696000-1556529178_thumb.png

post-385539-0-84775100-1556529306_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
spuleckip

Just curious if this is on the radar to be corrected?  This same station added a 12th sub-channel and now they are listed in this order: 56.11, 56.1, 56.12, 56.2, 56.3 and on down the line.

I'm sure there are bigger things to update and fix, but just curious if it's on the radar for the next few months or if it's going to be something longer term to get it fixed.