'last seen' for android devices

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Ever since I started using emby for the very first time almost two years ago now, every android client (~5 of them atm) that has my server added to it has remained 'last seen' within the last 15-30min every time I open the dashboard despite there only being one of those clients actualy in-use with any real regularity.

I have one android client on a tablet that has had nothing but the clock app open for the last 3 months and the rest of its apps closed (removed from recent apps at least) yet I have never not seen it in the dashboard 'active' within the last 30min at least.

Why is this only the case with android?

Could we at least seprate completely automated connections that have no user involvement from actual users opening the app and connecting to the server?

Whats the point of telling the server owner when/if a device was last seen if its ALWAYS going to be last seen 15min ago whether someone is using it or not....

Edited by darkassassin07

Hi, this is due to the app's background sync process. It is something we will look to improve in a future update of the app. Thanks.

darkassassin07

From my nginx log files, it looks like its just this request that gets sent every few min. "/emby/system/info/public" all my android clients send that request and that request alone to the wan address every 15-45ish min (the wan address resolves correctly on my lan as well as the local access address)

Could you just have the server itself ignore that request when considering an app active or not?

I dont mean ignore the request altogether, just dont consider that to be a client being active.

Unless theres something else I'm just not seeing.