Restore number of library files at the bottom of the page.

wonderfulman1

wonderfulman1

Hello, when will the total number of library videos at the bottom of the browser's web page be restored? (as it appeared in previous versions of Emby server for Windows). Thank you all.

Gilgamesh_48

Hello, when will the total number of library videos at the bottom of the browser's web page be restored? (as it appeared in previous versions of Emby server for Windows). Thank you all.

What would be considered in the total?

Just video files? If so it really does not give a good count if there are a lot of collections with a number of videos in them. Also if a video appears in more than one different collection does it get counted once for each time it appears.

Does a video with more than one version get counted only once or once for each version.

If you are displaying collections and hiding the videos in them videos do you count each displayed item?

There are other choices that could come into or not come into the count depending on how the user wants to display the library.

While I understand the desire for a counter since Emby has added a bunch of display options exactly what should be counted is not completely clear.

Personally what I would like is a count of total displayable items. That is if you have a library with 10 independent videos and a collection containing 25 videos the count would be 11. But that is just me and there are quite good reasons for other options.

arrbee99

While you make valid points, personally I don't care an awful lot bout analysing exactly what it contains and what it doesn't, I just want it back. It disappeared about last September and we don't need more analysis paralysis. Just put it back and add a balloon 'Collections count as one', or whatever.

Gilgamesh_48

The total would be the total number available based on all filters selected.

That would be the total displayable items in the current view? That is exactly what I would want but I just wanted to try and understand what was being asked for and what was being counted.

It sounds like what I was suggesting above: (With the possibility of "filters" thrown in.)

If you have a library with 10 independent videos and a collection containing 25 other videos and you are hiding the contents of collections the count would be 11.

I hope I am understanding what is coming.

wonderfulman1

An optimal solution could be to have the total number of files in the archive in the movie library or the total of the TV series in the TV series library but with the detail of the number of episodes when accessing the single TV series.