Chapter menu have to wait for timeout

fizzyade

fizzyade

Why in the shield when I start playing do I have to wait for the initial display of the scrubbing bar to disseapesr before I can open the chapter scrubber? Can we have it so that it can be selected regardless of whether the scrubber is already displayed?

fizzyade

Humn, I realise this may be more complex, ignore. I think the workaround is already built in, press back and then you can use either up or down to get to the appropriate scrubber.

Although I have noticed there appears to be no timeout/auto hide on the chapter menu?

CBers

If you press back, it'll close the mini OSD, then you can press up.

There was a bit of a campaign to start playback with no OSD displayed, but the dev was against it.

I'll try and find the discussion.

• Like 1

You can also press down but my question to you is, if you want to jump to a chapter immediately, why didn't you just select the proper chapter on the previous screen...?

Although I have noticed there appears to be no timeout/auto hide on the chapter menu?

Yes, this is by design.  You brought it up to examine the chapters.  Something it is likely going to take you more than a few seconds to do and that you will either select a chapter or decide, no, I don't want to do this and dismiss it instead.