Can't connect.

embysrvr
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

embysrvr

I don't know what happend, I was connecting fine to my server and then I formated my pc and now I can't find my server on my Nvidia Shield. And I can't seem to figure it out.

embysrvr

I have the server up and running on my pc, I can connect to it there through the browser and all. But on the shield no matter what I do, IP, Connect I just can't seem to find it now after the fresh install. Everything looks like it did before I formated so I don't know what info to give. Never had issues with Emby before.

GrimReaper

I have the server up and running on my pc, I can connect to it there through the browser and all. But on the shield no matter what I do, IP, Connect I just can't seem to find it now after the fresh install. Everything looks like it did before I formated so I don't know what info to give. Never had issues with Emby before.

Well, maybe after formatting you PC some firewall settings changed, do you have them enabled for Private networks? Did you try to connect from some other device inside your LAN - mobile, tablet...?

embysrvr

I will check! And try to come up with more info, tried connecting via the app on my phone and that doesnt work either. I will disconnect all my things and see if that helps.

embysrvr

Didn't sort it. But it's wierd, plex works and I have done nothing, but emby doesn't work.

Edited by embysrvr

GrimReaper

Didn't sort it. But it's wierd, plex works and I have done nothing, but emby doesn't work.

It depends what kind of permissions you gave it to. Are you using Windows Firewall or 3rd party suite?

embysrvr

Hmm, maybe it's windows firewall who's acting up. I will check.

Edited by embysrvr

GrimReaper

I have the server up and running on my pc, I can connect to it there through the browser and all.

What is the address format you connect from your pc browser? localhost:port, IP:port, app.emby.media...?

embysrvr

The firewall was an issue, now i see the server but i cant connect. Says it asleep or something, but im on it on my PC.

Edited by embysrvr

GrimReaper

Im trying these http://10.9.0.11:8096/ localhost:8096 etc

I'm not sure I follow, you are trying or you are succeeding? As I understood from previous posts, you CAN connect from your pc browser - on IP:port format or localhost:port format?

GrimReaper

The firewall was an issue, now i see the server but i cant connect.

Step-by-step. ;)

Are you trying to connect using User/Pass combo or through Connect?

embysrvr

Im clicking the server that shows which is mine, and I tried using connect but it says it cant connect.This really pissing me off. Thank you for taking your time! Maybe i need a reboot or something.

• Solution
GrimReaper

Im clicking the server that shows which is mine, and I tried using connect but it says it cant connect.This really pissing me off. Thank you for taking your time! Maybe i need a reboot or something.

I'm quite positive it is simply some network issue, nothing wrong with your server. You'll sort it out eventually. And, of course, try restarting and see what happens.

Cheers

• Like 1

GrimReaper

Thank you again!

Np, m8, I hope you'll continue to use awesome Emby Android TV app in no time.

Cheers

• Like 1

embysrvr

I'm not sure I follow, you are trying or you are succeeding? As I understood from previous posts, you CAN connect from your pc browser - on IP:port format or localhost:port format?

I missed this answer from you, and i found the issue. The ip on my server was http://10.9.0.11:8096/ and i manually changed it to 192.168.2.46 which is my PCs ip thats hosting the server. And now it works. Just wanted to let you know!

Cheers!

• Like 1

GrimReaper

I missed this answer from you, and i found the issue. The ip on my server was http://10.9.0.11:8096/ and i manually changed it to 192.168.2.46 which is my PCs ip thats hosting the server. And now it works. Just wanted to let you know!

Cheers!

There you go. :)

Well done, glad you sorted it out.

Cheers