FreeBSD 11/12 compatibility

SuperMinecraftKid

SuperMinecraftKid

After updating to 4.1.0.26 in a Freenas jail, I've had all 2 of my iPhone 7 users report to me that they can't stream anything. I'm pretty sure they can browse the server fine but when they hit play on something it just gives the spinning wheel of death.

This is true wether they are using the iOS app or a web browser. They've tried reinstalling the app, a VPN, connecting via Emby Connect, and connecting via server address, Google Chrome...

None of my other users have experienced these issues, including an iPhone XS Max user who is able to use the app just fine.

In a bit, I'll setup a test server to see if it could be my configuration or something but I'm pretty convinced it's on their end.

Edit: Not so convinced anymore. On my main emby jail, I copied all of the server files in /var/db/emby-server and what not, and the update has been working fine for all devices except the two iPhone 7's. However on my test jail, to which I didn't copy /var/db/emby-server comes up with playback errors, even on my PC via Chrome. For some reason my phones emby app works fine though.

During the setup of the test jail I notice that my freebsd version (I'm on freebsd 11) is not the same as what is required by 4.1.0.26 (freebsd 12). So that could be it...maybe I'll install the version meant for freebsd 11

Edit2: That was it. Working now

Edited by SuperMinecraftKid

Hi, glad you figured it out. We are working on updating the website with newer FreeBSD instructions. Thanks !