Problem with album covers

amarok

amarok

After a reinstallation of emby and scanning of my whole music library, some of my albums (ca. 30-40 %) don't have an album cover. I have added the cover in the ID3 tags for every track and until now, emby was able to show the album covers for every album.

Once I refreshed manually the metadata for each album and ticked the refresh images box as well, some albums got a new album cover (but I guess only if there were some fitting covers on the internet because often this wasn't the original album cover from the id3 tags), but some albums won't get a new cover or extract the available covers from the track. It seems that the initial scan produced some corrupted album covers and emby refuses to replace them.

The only option is to upload manually the cover, but... no I have too many albums :D

Is there an option to change the refresh function, so that emby tries to retrieve the images from the id3 tags?

• 3 weeks later...
amarok

@@Luke yup

an example: this is an album where the cover is correctly saved in the ID3 tags (in a previous emby installation it worked and showed the cover). Even if I click refresh and replace all images, emby won't extract the cover und replace it correctly

5cdf445513f23_1.jpg

ginjaninja

@@ginjaninja, what about you?

i dont use embedded images so cant extensively test,

the media folder settings dont seem to have an option for "local fetcher" under "MusicAlbum Image Fetchers" so i assumes, local album images (embedded or otherwise) is always on by default / highest priority.

Unless "Audio Image Fetchers" "Image Extractor" is it, in which case @amarok,its probably worth check you have that enabled.

if switched off maybe that would cause only a certain % album to have images (in line with internet fetchers/matches)

@@amarok is the audio image extractor enabled in the settings for that library? it's the only available image fetcher at the song level.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Luke yup

an example: this is an album where the cover is correctly saved in the ID3 tags (in a previous emby installation it worked and showed the cover). Even if I click refresh and replace all images, emby won't extract the cover und replace it correctly

5cdf445513f23_1.jpg

If you play one of these tracks, does the now playing bar show an image?