Emby with multiple hdhomerun devices

Jason'sEmby

Jason'sEmby

Hi I'm new to Emby:) My goal was to use 5 hdhomerun primes with a dedicated SSD i7 16GB server to power up to 12 TVs playing live tv. I also tried this with Plex but it didn't work after 6 devices it would make the server unavailable for unknown reasons.Emby on the other hand has worked but with a couple problems. The guide loading is extremely slow I do have about 667 channels I've also dropped it down to only having two days in the guide. The DVR option on the Roku is funny because it doesn't tell you which channel it's recording from when I want it to record in HD( only under the search option). It does tell you if you're using an Android device. Randomly weather remote or in network the TV service will just freeze or try to reload. Most of the time resulting in having to close the Roku app and reopen it. Audio is very low when it does record via DVR. Luke you look like the man with the answers, do you have any resolutions for any of the above problems? My main goal is to have a reliable remote and in network TV server that play on roku's. I invested heavily into the system and fingers crossed it works:) 

Little info,

I have turned off firewall on router, opened ports, direct line to modem, reduced TV Guide to 2 days, computer hibernate is off, computer set the performance, upgraded my upload speed to 200 megabits, everything's Hartline to a gigabyte switch unless remote access, required unsecure connection is turned off always. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Sammy

Could be the Roku. Try a ShieldTV and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Jason'sEmby

Thank you for the reply, I have 2 Nvidia Shields as well and they do the same thing one remote at another house and one on the local network.

Edited by Compmaster1231

Hi, so you're saying your system just can't handle more than a couple live tv streams? is that correct?

Jason'sEmby

Hi Luke, I ultimately gave up:( Here is why,

TLC in Hisense Roku TVs stop playing after 10 minutes because the screen saver turns on. When the Roku TV stops playing it doesn't release off the hdhomerun tuner. Hardware acceleration has to be turned off for Roku TVs to work better. Once I get up to 6 TVs it gets very unstable weather local or remote. Ultimately was trying to get 12.The computer was only running at around 40% cpu with 6 tv and 30% memory. Live tv would Randomly would try to load and not start back up, especially on Roku.

Thank you for the response I try later on down the road. Talking with speechles he is aware of some of the roku problems:)

When the Roku TV stops playing it doesn't release off the hdhomerun tuner.

How were you stopping playback?

Jason'sEmby

Closing the application. Most of the time it would release but sometimes it would not. Especially when it get stuck on loading. A couple minutes and it will finally release to make that tuner available again.