"Latest Trailers" are showing old trailers from 2017 as 'new' trailers

BlazedMonkey

BlazedMonkey

5cc3d541f0708_trailers.jpg

This seems to be a resurgence of a previous bug. As the title says, instead of displaying new trailers from 2019 movies, the trailers displayed are from 2017. Screenshot taken from the web app, but it is displaying the same on my Shield as well.

Currently on versions:

Trailers: 1.2.2

Server: 4.1.0.26

Happy2Play

They are sorted by date added so if you just enabled this option then these old trailers will appear first as they are new/the latest by date.  So if you compared the date added what do you see?

Same discussion here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/69949-trailer-sort-order-will-not-change

Edited by Happy2Play

BlazedMonkey

They are sorted by date added so if you just enabled this option then these old trailers will appear first as they are new/the latest by date.  So if you compared the date added what do you see?

Same discussion here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/69949-trailer-sort-order-will-not-change

I've had this enabled for months, this isn't something I just changed.  When I originally installed the trailers plugin, they were showing correctly with Hobbes & Shaw 2019 showing as the first movie in the list.  Then you guys updated the trailers app and broke it, and it was showing stuff from as far back as 1970.  Then you made another update, and it was fixed to how it showed when I originally installed it.  Now I come back from vacation and look at it again, and it's all out of order again, showing movies in reverse alphabetical order and back as far to 2017.

As of 8 days ago, this was working properly:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54901-cinema-mode-trailers-dont-play/page-2&do=findComment&comment=731969

Now it's not.  I haven't change anything in the last 8 days.

Happy2Play

Edit: ok, so it seems that "Movie Trailer Archive" has finally removed itself. I unchecked the box yesterday. Maybe this was a scheduled task that finally ran and thats why I'm just now seeing the change?

Well if the options got disable then re-enable, the archive would have been removed from the database then re-added with a current dated added.  Is that not what you are seeing in the date added field in the UI or metadata?  

BlazedMonkey

Well if the options got disable then re-enable, the archive would have been removed from the database then re-added with a current dated added.  Is that not what you are seeing in the date added field in the UI or metadata?  

The only thing I unchecked was the Movie Database Archive, everything else was left unchanged. I don't recall ever unchecking and rechecking "New and Upcoming in Theaters".  Even if I did though (which I didn't), I would have IMMEDIATELY rechecked the "New and Upcoming" box, because those are the trailers I wanted to see in "Latest Trailers", so it shouldn't have mattered because the box for "New and upcoming" would have been checked at the time that the scheduled task ran.  To the best of my recollection though, the only thing I ever did was uncheck "Movie Trailer Archive", then when it still didn't remove the 1970's movies from "Latest Trailers", I came to the forums to post about it. The next day, when the scheduled task finally ran, the "Movie Trailer Archive" stuff from the 1970's had been removed, and everything looked correct again.  I didn't change ANY settings after that, and things looked fine for the last week.  Now, it's messed up again.

Yes, they appear to be sorting by date added. Although this doesn't make sense to how they were previously displayed when things looked correct.  After the last fix, I'm 99% positive that Joker 2019 was the most recent movie in the list under Latest Trailers.  This makes logical sense, as this is the most recent trailer released, and has the furthest out Release date. Now, things have been reordered again, and 2017 movies are showing up, because the date added is more recent than that of Joker 2019. Joker 2019 has a date added of 4/02 in the metadata, where as XXX The Return Of Xander 2017 has a date added of 4/11.

Logically though, wouldn't it make sense that they should be sorted by Release date in descending order?  As I've said, this appears to be how they were previously sorted, until recent updates changed things, and 2017 movies started showing at the front of "Latest Trailers".

It's because that list is by date added but trailers is the one exception that needs to be by release date. We'll look into it. thanks.

• Like 1

BlazedMonkey

It's because that list is by date added but trailers is the one exception that needs to be by release date. We'll look into it. thanks.

Much appreciated, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
BlazedMonkey

Any progress on this?  Getting tired of seeing trailers from 2017 before all my movies  :(

Happy2Play

Any progress on this?  Getting tired of seeing trailers from 2017 before all my movies  :(

Until the sort order gets changed for that Home Screen section there is nothing that can be done unless you want to manually update the database yourself.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/69949-trailer-sort-order-will-not-change/?p=702095

Sammy

5cc3d541f0708_trailers.jpg

This seems to be a resurgence of a previous bug. As the title says, instead of displaying new trailers from 2019 movies, the trailers displayed are from 2017. Screenshot taken from the web app, but it is displaying the same on my Shield as well.

Currently on versions:

Trailers: 1.2.2

Server: 4.1.0.26

Mine does this too and changing the sort order doesn't fix it. They look like yours, sorted in reverse alphabetical order and I cannot fix it.

My beta server works just fine BTW.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

Mine does this too and changing the sort order doesn't fix it. They look like yours, sorted in reverse alphabetical order and I cannot fix it.

My beta server works just fine BTW.

You have no control over the sort order of the Latest Sections on the Home Screen.

Sammy

You have no control over the sort order of the Latest Sections on the Home Screen.

I see that but why is it doing this?

2df890561e1677f11ac40a7367d3f624.jpg

• 4 months later...
BlazedMonkey

FWIW, this also seems to affect what is played when using Cinema Mode, as I am getting nothing but old trailers before my movie plays, nothing from 2018/2019.

Happy2Play

Only "New and Upcoming in Theaters" shows new trailers, where "New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray" and "New and Upcoming Movies on Netflix" have 2017 trailers since they started showing content again.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59955-update-of-trailer-plugin/?p=744787

Happy2Play

I see your 2017, and raise you 2013 and 2015 trailers in the "New and Upcoming in Theaters" section

5d927d09285a4_20191001_080543.png

Yes there are 8 trailers before 2018 in that category.

I can only assume these lists are coming directly from Emby somehow and not from a site source.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

bluray and netflix trailers show 2017

Merged topic but there are others similar/same topics also, but really has nothing to do with stable or beta server.

Happy2Play

@@Luke @@ebr are the listed trailers provided in these categories coming from a Emby or a specific source?