Editing - Metadata & People
Most of the titles have these 3 categories to edit, some have less, but in general these are the main things. To edit any title, click on the "Edit" button from the item's detail page.
- No 29 A: The name of the title we are editing.
- No 29 B: The main 3 tabs (Metadata, People, and Images).
- No 29 C: The sections of items that we can edit.
- No 29 D: When you edit or modify anything, click on "Save" to save the change.
- No 29 E: Force refresh on that title, this done to force refresh only that title.
- When we force refresh the title, we will see the "busy" indicator. We can select to include child items with the force refresh, for example boxset titles, episodes within a tv series, etc.
The metadata is simply the information for a title, like name, sort name, year, genres, rating, description, and so on Let's look at the items available for us to enter or edit.
- No 38: Basics section for metadata - click on the "+" to open the option.
- No 38 A: Title name (real name of the movie or the title).
- No 38 B: Sort order name, you can change that of you another sort in that title.
- No 38 C: Display type, the video format, like bluray, dvd, avi .. etc.
- No 38 D: Community rating, as other rating, summary and if a title have it own website.
- No 38 E: Overview, as the story line (plot, summary .. etc).
- No 38 F: Released date (the date been released) - Year (the title production year).
- No 38 G: Official rating (MPAA ratings for USA, other ratings will display based on your country selection during server setup); Custom rating (the one you apply), Custom rating will over rule the official rating if you add it, so mb3 server will apply the custom rating if it is there.
- No 38 H: Original aspect ratio for the video format.
- No 39: Genres, Studios, Tags
- No 39 A: To add a genre, studio, or tag in the box then click on the "Add" to add it.
- No 39 B: To remove a genre, studio, or tag from the list by click on the "x" sign.
- No 40: External IDs. This a very useful option, if the server can not find the correct metadata, images or a like for your title, manually entering the ID from one of the listed sites will tell it to use the info for that ID.
- No 40 A: Enter or edit the relevant ID(s) for the title.
- No 41: Internet Provider Settings - You can disable/enable fetching selected metadata for a title.
- No 41 A: To disable or enable for this title, if disabled, then no fetching will be done by the server during a library scan or when forcing a refresh. Default setting is enabled (checked) To disable fetching, unchecked the box.
- No 41 B: (Only visible when No. 41A is enabled.) Disable or enable individual options for fetching.
The metadata for the cast and crew in the titles as:
- No 42: To add a new person
- No 43: Name
- No 44: Their role in that title
- No 45: To edit the info in this view
- No 46: Their cast or crew position in that title
- No 47: Photo
To add a person, simply click on "Add Person" then enter their name, role, and choose the type then click on "OK".
To edit a person's info, click on "Edit" as no. 45 then change the information as needed.
- To exit the edit for a person without saving click on "Cancel"
- Click on "Save" to update the information.
- To delete a person from this title, click on "x" as No. 45A then click "OK" on the confirmation.