Fetching images to folders without media (TV/SB)

sfnetwork

sfnetwork

Sickbeard, when adding a future show in advance, creates the folder in the TV show folder.

At this point, everything is fine, no environment is atually showing this show. (MB, XBMC, etc...)

But MBS, even without media file in it, still prepares it by fetching images for it.

At this point, XBMC shows it (empty); that's a problem.

2014-05-16%208-24-56%20PM.jpg

2014-05-16%208-29-29%20PM.jpg

2014-05-16%208-30-13%20PM.jpg

But it's empty of course.

MBS is fine there, doesn't show it.

Is there a way to avoid this behaviour when using MBS to fetch metadata and images?

Koleckai Silvestri

You might need a .ignore file so XBMC to ignore it. It doesn't read MB3 metadata files.

sfnetwork

You might need a .ignore file so XBMC to ignore it. It doesn't read MB3 metadata files.

Those aren't MB specific files... 

And this would mean that I would have to delete manually those .ignore when the TV show will actually start?

Or did I misunderstand?

Edited by sfnetwork

sfnetwork

Good work around but I'm not a fan of manual task, call me lazy lol...

Is there a actual reason for MBS to fetch in advance if there is no media file or MBS could ignore if there is no media file in the folder?

Since this is TV category, media files type list isn't that long...

Edited by sfnetwork

IMO this is the behavior we should have.  What, exactly is the problem?  You added a show but it doesn't have any episodes yet so you just see the show and no episodes.  Isn't that exactly what should be happening?

• Like 1

sfnetwork

IMO this is the behavior we should have.  What, exactly is the problem?  You added a show but it doesn't have any episodes yet so you just see the show and no episodes.  Isn't that exactly what should be happening?

Not really if you have 10-15 pending shows not started yet... in XBMC, I see a bunch a TV shows I don't actually have...

But I see you point... Some users might want that I guess...

But this isn't like it's supposed to be because MB doesn't show those...

Only a problem if MBS is the main metadata manager so I guess there is a work around....

Edited by sfnetwork

But this isn't like it's supposed to be because MB doesn't show those...

MB doesn't show what, where?  I'll bet those shows appear in MBC - unless you have the "Hide Empty Folders" option selected...