Is there a way to teach Emby Server articles?

MindBullet

MindBullet

Hello there,

first of all I'd like to thank you guys. I came from Plex 2 years ago, but had trouble here on Emby with remote transcoding and went back to plex. After I've seen the recent changes made to Emby I came back from Plex again, and! I am freaking amazed! how much emby was improved over the last 2 years. It's insane! Emby now safe way better than it's biggest competitor Plex. The hardware acceleration is working so smooth and all my friends enjoy Emby over Plex now with its newest features and smoothness. So thank you so much to Luke and all the devs on here. I instantly bought a 1 year subscription.

Now enough of the introduction part and finally my question.

Is there actually a way to let emby know which articles should be not considered when creating a media item? Like "The" is a prefix, that will be ignored when sorting media. Is there actually a way to teach Emby to do that with German articles also?

The best regards.

I'm so happy to be back on Emby :)

Happy2Play

If I understand correctly you would need to add them to the system.xml.

<SortRemoveWords>
    <string>the</string>
    <string>a</string>
    <string>an</string>
  </SortRemoveWords>

Sammy

What articles should we add?

The German equivalents to "A", "An", "The" etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

MindBullet

What articles should we add?

It would be great if "der", "die", "das" could be added. 

Also, is there a chance for me as user to add them manually somewhere at this point?

Gilgamesh_48

I was not aware that Emby was failing in this simple function until I saw this thread but I just checked and "Das Boot" is grouped in with the "Ds" instead of with the "Bs" which is where it should be.

While I understand that "Das" etc are not English standard and that there are few movies that are not generally retitled for the English market but there are some and common articles from all major languages should be treated just like the English ones even if English  is selected as the primary language. It just makes sense.

Edit: There are some tricky language abbreviations that a native speaker of the language might be needed as the root word virtually never appears without the article, like " l'enfant " and many other French titles. I believe that the l' should be treated just like a the or an but my French is less polished than my German.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48
  • Like 1