How do I use the Country field?

steve1977

steve1977

MBS has a setting as part of "Metadata settings" labeled "country". When I set the country (e.g., to Germany) and save the edits. This information disappears again. Thanks for looking into this!

• 1 month later...
steve1977

In the latest developer version, both language and country fields are "broken". I can select a country and language and "save". Refreshing works and it updates the info to reflect the selected language. However, both language and country fields are empty after the refresh.

Thanks for looking into this.

steve1977

MBS has a setting as part of "Metadata settings" labeled "country". When I set the country (e.g., to Germany) and save the edits. This information disappears again. Thanks for looking into this!

Quick follow-up on above? Thanks for considering to fix it!

steve1977

Let me be a bit more detailed what the issue is. I am sure that this is a bug:

1) The "preferred language" works in the stable built and has always done so

2) I can change "country" to anything and save it. It works

3) Once I have chose the "country" and then refresh, the input in "country" disappears. "Preferred language" sticks, but "county field is empty (after manual refresh)

4) It's very easy to replicate and it happens with all countries (tried USA, France and Germany)

Manually refresh what?

Do you mean you change the country and then refresh the browser page?

steve1977

Manually refresh what?

Do you mean you change the country and then refresh the browser page?

Changing the "country" works and after saving, it "sticks". However, when I press the "refresh" button in MBS Metadata Manager (having selected "refresh all data"), it removes the info about "country". I can reproduce it easily as described.

that is by design. that's the way every other field on that page works. when you click refresh you're getting new data from the internet.

steve1977

that is by design. that's the way every other field on that page works. when you click refresh you're getting new data from the internet.

The "preferred language" field behaves differently, which is very good.

The "country" field is not being populated with metadata. So, if this is meant to be populated, this would be even better. It does not work for me though.

steve1977

And to clarify, there are two fields that are related to "country".

There is "Countries", which allows to add several countries (similar to genres).

And there is "metadata settings" / "country".

I was referring to the latter. None of the two is being populated with info from the internet though.

the preferred language field behaves differently because that's not metadata, it's a setting. we don't get your preferred language from tvdb for example. countries works just fine here. i have lots of country data for movies from tmdb. so you'll have to do a little digging.

steve1977

Ok, feature-wise that makes sense assuming that country / countries data is being pulled from web meta data.

What part is working for you? "Countries" or "metadata settings / country"?

I just refreshed again, and "countries" indeed populates (now).

However, "metadata settings / country" remains empty. I tried "Avatar", which I would assume has all metadata available online that you can think of ;-)

Is it clear what field I am referring to or want me to post a screenshot of the field that remains empty?

have you read the text in the metadata settings -> country field? what about what I said above? that field does not come from anywhere aside from your personal preferences.

steve1977

have you read the text in the metadata settings -> country field? what about what I said above? that field does not come from anywhere aside from your personal preferences.

And that's what my opening post is about. I can "fill" the "country" field myself, but it gets empty upon "manual refresh". And I was thinking that this is not intended behavior, but a bug?

steve1977

Thanks for looking into this. It is easy to replicate. Just change the field "metadata setting / country" to another country, then save, then run manual refresh.

I would assume the fields "metadata settings / preferred language" and "metadata settings / country" to behave the same, but currently do not.

Separate question: what is the field "metadata settings / country" good for anways? I understand "preferred language" signals what metadata and artwork to look for when downloading metadata from the internet. What does "metadata settings / country" do?

steve1977

Btw, if you or one of the other developers are looking into this to fix this, it would also be great if you can look into a related issue:

The field "The MovieDB Collection ID" is not being updated upon manual refresh. This would be quite important as (unfortunately) this ID is changing on TMDB not too rarely. So, "collection ID" would be good to have refreshable like all other metadata (and different from TMDB ID and IMDB ID, which needs to be "locked").

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6777-automatic-box-sets-collections-change-in-moviedbcollectionid/