Emby Premier question

SpencerC
Go to solution Solved by arche,

SpencerC

I am new to Emby and am looking for a legitimate replacement for WMC on my Win10 computer.  I have a HDHomeRun Prime cable card tuner.  It looks like I need to subscribe to Emby Premier to be able to watch Live TV, Record TV (DVR), and get guide data.  I have no issue doing this, but I have tried several different products and none even come close to matching my expectation that WMC has set forth.  Someone recommended me to try out Emby.  I have no problem paying for a subscription but would like to get a trial license to make sure it meets my needs before spending money on something that I may not ever use.  I currently use the HDHomeRun DVR and the interface is lacking at best as a replacement for WMC.  How does one go about getting a 30 day trial license to try out the Premier features?

Thanks!!

Spencer C

Edited by SpencerC

• Solution
arche

There currently is no free trial, at best, try it out for a month and cancel the recurring monthly if you're not happy.

I currently use HDHomeRun Prime with a cable card from xfinity and Emby's built in guide works well for me. I haven't used the WMC plugin Emby has. Not sure how much I can help, but as far as I know, Emby does not do free trial's as it is not worth the headache. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48

There currently is no free trial, at best, try it out for a month and cancel the recurring monthly if you're not happy.

While Emby Premier does open up a few extra features the reason for paying for it is not really those "extra" features. The real reason is to support Emby and all the work they do toward making it easy and fun to access our media.

I bought a lifetime Premier quite a while ago and I have no regrets.

• Like 2

SpencerC

I currently use HDHomeRun Prime with a cable card from xfinity and Emby's built in guide works well for me. I haven't used the WMC plugin Emby has. Not sure how much I can help, but as far as I know, Emby does not do free trial's as it is not worth the headache. 

Hope this helps.

You have the same set up as me it sounds, great!  I will give it a shot.  Thanks!