Live TV starts playback then stops

Wicked83

Wicked83

Please help.  I'm not very savvy at looking at server logs to know what's happening.  My setup records live tv fine, and plays them after they are recorded.  Unfortunately no matter the device I use when trying to load a live channel I just get a spinning circle.

Please help.

Let me know what information I need to give in order to get this resolved.  It's worked fine until yesterday then suddenly nothing will play as far as Live TV goes.

Thanks

Hi, your HD Homerun is returning a service unavailable error. Can you try rebooting your HDHR tuner? This is probably also a good time to check and make sure you're running the latest HD Homerun firmware. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Wicked83

ok updated firmware and rebooted.  Same thing.  Here is new server log.  I've rebooted the entire system.  Is this normal for it to still record things but not play live?  Everything else works as intended but just get a spinning circle when loading live TV.

One thing I wanted to add was that....yesterday I noticed through chrome wasn't loading live TV but my android phone loaded it ok.  After reboot none of them will load Live TV anymore.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Wicked83

Wicked83

ok new update.  I still haven't figured out what's going on yet.  Now my live tv is loading up ok on android devices.  But using chrome even on the exact computer the server is running it takes forever to load up a channel.  I mean something like 1.5 minutes before something pops up but it does finally pop up.  I tried using the HDHomerun software and it loads up each channel fine.  It's something with emby but I'm not sure what.

Wicked83

I was having an issue where my live TV was taking a very long time to start.  After doing some checking through log files I found out that it was trying to hit my onboard graphics for some reason.  I disabled it and now the live tv starts in an ok start time....usually 10-30 seconds.  If I use the HDHomerun software they all load instantly.  

Now once it starts playback it will then pause or lock up and the only thing I can do is back out of it.  I have attached the log files and the other transcode type stuff as well.  Please let me know what's happening to get this fixed.  I'm guessing it's a codec issue or something along those lines but I am unsure.

Thanks

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63691651355.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-fa28d9f8-17b2-4f2c-838a-3a8811538387_1.txt

ffmpeg-remux-5acee797-5137-433a-ab24-35dbf3b5a6f9_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-21c31841-a185-4264-9759-3ba87645a667_1.txt

denz

In the emby server disable hardware acceleration and try again. Looking at the logs it says that it has received a quit command is there anything wrong with the remote if you are using it or a sticky key. Which applications did you try to play live tv. Live tv loads reasonable quickly however it is dependent on the app you are using.

Also is anything wrong with the network there are some very slow pings. Was all the testing done inside the home network or outside.

As the logs have so much information can you restart the server and try to play live tv only on one device like Android tv and if it stops attach the logs.

Edited by denz

Wicked83

(Yesterday) It's been tried on and does the same thing on, the server computer itself with chrome running windows 10.  Android TV (Sony), and amazon Fire Stick 4k. has to be something with the server.  So the possibility of it being something like a stuck key I highly doubt.  In fact it receiving the quit command is probably the exact point where it locks up and I begin to try and get out of it.

The entire network is wired except for Android TV's and Firesticks.  To eliminate all of that I just restarted the server and cleared out the logs, and tried to watch live TV on the computer running the server itself.  

I still had the same issue.  Here are the quick logs I got from that.  I have to head out to work so I'll give it a shot w/out hardware encoding once I get home, but wouldn't that make it significantly worse?  The confusing part is it worked fine for about 2 weeks then out of the blue getting slow load times.  I formatted/reinstalled windows and emby and still having the same issue.

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.

Attached are the files that were created this morning after server restart and test.

P.S. Another question, if the server is running normally should the ffmpeg-transcode file be generated or does that signify some sort of issue?

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-bd3c988c-c073-4367-9b50-e6515296b113_1.txt

hardware_detection-63691686683.txt

denz

First when viewing in a browser it has to transcode as the browsers don't support mpeg2 which is ota. Because it has to transcode it will always be slow but not that slow it should tune less than 10 seconds. Android TV, emby theater will direct stream and direct play and it should start live tv within 3 seconds.

Wicked83

No it seems to be fine now without hardware acceleration. Although I do wish I could use that but it is what it is.