Convoluted Login on Shield (Possibly other clients)

fizzyade

fizzyade

If I create a user on the shield with a password and hidden from the login screen, logging in is really overly convoluted:

How you do it currently:

Start Emby

Enter User Manually

Type in name

Hit Next

Hit Back

Hit right to select OK.

Select

Type in password

Hit Next

Hit Back

Hit right to select OK.

User logged in.

How it should be done:

Once you type in the user name and hit next it should automatically go to password input.

Once you type in the password and hit next (or text should be changed to "Login") it should automatically log you in.

Also ideally if you have a PIN option selected it should bring up a pin input dialog rather than a keyboard when at the password stage, although I've never seen the pin code input as I don't have it enabled for normal users, the shield app options indicate there is also some special D pad input which allows hidden pin input.

Just taken me ages to figure out how to log in as I kept hitting Next then Finished which dumped you out of logging in.

mastrmind11

It's an issue w/ Android TV modals, not Emby (at least that's how it was explained to me a year or 2 ago).  Easiest thing to do as of now is to not hide from login screen, and give a local pin code.  Leave external password requirement in place.

Yeah, these dialogs don't work well at all.  It has been on my list to build a custom set for our app but it just hasn't made it to the top yet.