Questions about integrating with XBMC

ecrispy

ecrispy

Goal - use MB3 server to manage all metadata, use XBMC and MBT as clients, with XBMB3C as plugin in XBMC.

I am a new user so trying to set this all up, I installed MB server and let it scrape content folders, but it didn't create XBMC nfo's, so I realize I need to install that plugin and refresh the library right? I have a few questions -

1. Can MB read/write nfo files and completely replace XBMC for maanging metadata

2. How do Collections created in MB show up in XBMC? My understanding is I need to create collections myself for things like Documentaries, HD Movies etc

3. Do boxsets created in MB correspond to boxsets in XBMC?

im85288

Goal - use MB3 server to manage all metadata, use XBMC and MBT as clients, with XBMB3C as plugin in XBMC.

I am a new user so trying to set this all up, I installed MB server and let it scrape content folders, but it didn't create XBMC nfo's, so I realize I need to install that plugin and refresh the library right? I have a few questions -

1. Can MB read/write nfo files and completely replace XBMC for maanging metadata

2. How do Collections created in MB show up in XBMC? My understanding is I need to create collections myself for things like Documentaries, HD Movies etc

3. Do boxsets created in MB correspond to boxsets in XBMC?

Hello, you do not need to use the XBMC metadata plugin at all if your are going to be using the XBMB3C plugin.

Have a look here for compatible XBMC skins with built in XBMB3C support:  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7194-xbmb3c-gotham-skins-repo/

and you will be surprised at how well they work together.