IBN help needed

wrays1

wrays1

Hello everyone,  I just upgraded to MBS with MBC going on a week now and I cant get actors images to show up.

I notice all the individual folders with names are inside the IBN folder under people but I cant get the images to show up,

I have tried all the settings under Metadata on the server but I cant get anything going. What am I doing wrong.

I have searched around a bit but I cant find anything else to try.

win7 + MBS with MBC latest releases

Thanks guys.

AdrianW

MediaBrowser now expects the individual people folders to be under letter folders - this to reduce the number of entries in a single folder.

e.g. All actors starting with the letter "A" should be in an "A" folder under IBN/People, etc.

I think there is a tool somewhere that does this. 

But, it's relatively easy to just manually create the 26 letter folders and manually drag bunches of actors inside (it helps if you change the view in explorer to "small icons"). You'll actually need more than 26, as there's usually a bunch of actors that start with accented letters or even Chinese/Japanese characters.

If you have metabrowser, it has a "Convert" button in the MediaBrowser saver options dialog, which is available when you check the "Enable people sub folders (Media Browser 3)" option.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

wrays1

I do have all the folders from A to Z in the people folder / IBN but they are all empty, they were created by the server but I thought I read somewhere that MBS will download the images and put them in the folders for you.

I even tried my people folder from MB2 but it still wont show up. I will look into metabrowser.

Thanks for your response.

Koleckai Silvestri

In the server dashboard, there is a scheduled task to download person images. It doesn't do them all at once as that would take forever. You can run that task by pressing the play button and see if it works or errors out.

To get the images faster you can also purchase and run this tool: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/4379-imdb-ibn-people-downloader-v2/

• Like 1

AdrianW

Your MB2 People folder won't be in A - Z folders, that's why I explained about manually creating them and moving the actor folders into them.

wrays1

In the server dashboard, there is a scheduled task to download person images. It doesn't do them all at once as that would take forever. You can run that task by pressing the play button and see if it works or errors out.

To get the images faster you can also purchase and run this tool: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/4379-imdb-ibn-people-downloader-v2/

So I went this route after I tried the other options.  I have it running right now and it seems to be working, I will report back as soon as it is finished.

Koleckai Silvestri

Just realize that not everyone has an image. IMDB provides a lot of useful information but its main purpose is to advertise people looking for work and to present their resumes in an easy to use fashion. If someone isn't looking for work or they have left the industry, their biographies can be pretty bare.

wrays1

After running the Downloader tool for 9hrs it  only got to " H " before I decided to stop it because I saw my drive space dwindling, My main drive is a 60GB SSD with only 16GB remaining before the tool started downloading, so far it has eaten up about 9GB. I under estimated how large this folder gets.   Is there a way to move the IBN folder to another drive and point the server to it? 

Happy2Play

Yep had to move my IBN, as it grew to 38GB.

wrays1

Server dashboard->Advanced->Paths

Thanks a lot. Will do it when I get home.

Whaaaaat!!!   Is this just your people folder?

Koleckai Silvestri

That is pretty large. Mine is only 2 GB with over 50,000 files and 41,000 directories.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Whaaaaat!!!   Is this just your people folder?

Yep, but that is for 541 TV Series and 4816 Movies.  And my cache folder is another 20GB. :)

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Also, if you use that [unspecified] utility to download images clandestinely from IMDb, it will sometimes get images that are much larger than are really necessary.

• Like 1

wrays1

Also, if you use that [unspecified] utility to download images clandestinely from IMDb, it will sometimes get images that are much larger than are really necessary.

Thanks for the heads-up.   I didn't restart the tool Instead I spent last night deleting my peoples folder and redoing it by copying my old MB2 Images over to a new folder and now all images are showing up.  Awesome guys.      I am feeling my way around but I am loving it so far :D

Thanks again guys.

wrays1

That is pretty large. Mine is only 2 GB with over 50,000 files and 41,000 directories.

How did you get your so small?

Koleckai Silvestri

How did you get your so small?

It is what it is. I don't have images for every single person but can live with that for now. All the big and common names are covered. For my media, I store the images with the media.