Hello Community

Guest Chudson79

Guest Chudson79

I have been using MB for a long time but just now starting to be active in the community. I love the service but can be quite the learning experience. Hopefully if you guy see me out there help is appreciated. Been having issues with port forwarding on at&t router on Windows 8 in conjunction with android app. So before I flood community with post, my next step is to start from scratch...reset router,pc, ect....then take necessary step to receive help from the community. Once agin still loving MB3 over everything else out there, happy to support...

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Welcome!

Feel free to post any issue at the support forum, but I think most been answered before, so the search first will be good idea :)

Guest Chudson79

Thx...yeah I saw alot of post on several issues..but yeah im a newbie, but If you had to grade us im passing with a 75 percent lmao...forces u too learn more. Get the most out of your pc. But thx for noticing me. This weekend ill have time for MB3

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Meggax

Hello I am so new to this don't even know if im in the right place. I have a small prob hope someone can help

I have a windows7 desktop a 64gig iPad mini ios 7.1.1 a 64gig iPhone 4s ios 7.0 and a Chromecast.

I am using Media Browser 3 on my desktop and Media Browser mobile for my apple devices. All works great. I can access MB from either device to either play on apple devices or push to chrome cast for TV.

The next thing I need to do is access MB through my apple devices to my desktop from a remote location.

I have no idea how to do this, can anybody spend some time to explain this process Please.

swhitmore

Hey guys, welcome!

On the dashboard, there is a link to access MB3 remotely (see below). This link uses your external IP address. Depending on your setup at home, you may need to port forward the MB3 ports on your router to allow access. For a quick guide on port forwarding, have a look at this thread. Please make sure you use user passwords to prevent unwanted access if you are doing this.

Port Forwarding - A guide

Once you get it working, you may want to replace your external IP with a DNS. I use no-ip which is free and reliable. This will make it convenient to make sure you can connect even if your external IP changes (which it will if you have a dynamic IP address).

5376ae9bc8746_Capture.png

If you still get stuck, let me know.

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 3