DVR Prioritization and auto move recordings to new location.

mdmangus

mdmangus

I have a Plex Lifetime membership and I checked out Plex DVR earlier this week with my HDHomeRun Extends.  Definitely has come a long way with closed captions support on tv recordings, prioritization on recordings with schedule conflicts, etc.  Overall the recording was a positive experience.  It became useless when trying to play a recording back for it caused my CPU utilization to 100%.

After googling seemed like emby would be a good alternative.

I installed emby and it was able to play those recordings without taxing my cpu.   Extremely happy that it also played the close captions on our NVidia Sheilds.

Very happy about that, so I bought the emby lifetime membership.

One thing that worked well was Plex recorded its shows in a .grab folder and after a recording completed would auto move into the chosen library path.  Each recording setting allowed to choose a final library destination.

I use SnapRaid to do snapshot parity, but a file can't be changed during its sync.  So it was easy to exclude the .grab location from SnapRaid insuring it wouldn't stop the sync when a Plex recording is actively being recorded.

I am very new to emby and really like what I see so far.  I am having  a hard time finding a setting to move the recordings once they complete.

I see that you can provide a base directory which I did:

F:\Media\DVR

Then Optional Paths:

F:\Media\DVR\Movies

F:\Media\DVR\Shows

I've added the exclusion DVR\ to SnapRaid so it won't include in its Parity sync while shows are recording.

I tried the Auto Organize plugin, but from researching found out it can't be part of the library.  Other threads stated to go to Live TV Settings to do the Auto Organize, but this must have been taken out for I don't see that setting.

I am guessing I will need to look into the Record Post Processing to move recorded files to another directory or am I missing a setting to do this?

Also is prioritizing a recording when conflicts occur on a current development?

Warm Regards,

Michael

mdmangus

Bought and playing around with MCEBuddy.  It will monitor a folder so I'll put that into the workflow will solve the moving of files.