Recording folder settings?

embyzone

embyzone

Hi All

I have experimented with the TV settings and I filled out the following recording folders:

post-427753-0-87441400-1555792699_thumb.jpg

Default recording path: 

/recordings

Movie recording path (optional):

/recordings/Movies

Series recording path (optional):

/recordings/TV

But that gave me the following folders in the UI:

post-427753-0-57420700-1555792714_thumb.jpg

I don't really understand this?

I was expecting the TV show I recorded to be shown in the Recorded Show folder? and Movies in the Recorded movies folder

Instead its shown in the recording folder but it is saved in the subfolder TV?

I actually just would like one recording folder also on the UI and in the a split between series and shows (Without the additional folders that seem to be empty)

Hope this make sense  :-)

Edited by embyzone

Hi, try removing the movie and tv libraries from library setup. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

embyzone

Hi, try removing the movie and tv libraries from library setup. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

That made it worse... It re-creates the folders and ads one more to the dashboard? so now I have 4?

5cbf4587b10b9_emby2.jpg

Even if the management board only shows 3:

Edited by embyzone

BlueSnake

I have observed the same issue. I wanted to have one folder for LiveTV

- recorded movies

- recorded tv shows

- recordings, containing movies and tv shows

Only in the third forlder, recordings are shown, the first two folders are displayed as empty. Seemingly I don't understand this logic of emby.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can you try blanking out the default recording path, saving, and then removing the Recordings library that you don't want? Thanks.

embyzone

Hi, can you try blanking out the default recording path, saving, and then removing the Recordings library that you don't want? Thanks.

Do you mean deleting the top level primary and keeping the individual path for TV and Movies?

It was creating extra libraries  se picture above, I ended up deling the two secondary, which means that it should now record everything in the master

Downside with this is movies and TV is not seperated and I am not sure if Emby can handle this in one mixed folder?

Yes one mixed folder is fine, although if you want to separate then you can also try what I suggested. Thanks.

• 4 years later...
shalamigri

I'm having a weird issue with the tv recording library structure too.

In advanced setting under live tv, I have the following paths:

default = Emby Recordings

movies = Emby Recordings\Movies

tv = Emby Recordings\TV

This creates a library called "recordings" with 2 folders inside called TV and Movies. Tv shows recordings will show up in the TV folder and Movie recordings will show up in the Movies folder. That's EXACTLY what I want and I have no issue with that.

However, 2 dummy libraries also get created called Recorded Movies and Recorded Shows. I call them dummy libraries because they are always empty no matter what. I don't want those libraries. If I delete them, they do disappear, but all of the recordings in the TV and Movies folder inside of the "recordings" library also disappear. However, if I record another movie and/or show, the TV and Movies folders in the recordings library reappear along with all of the recordings. However, the 2 dummy libraries called Recorded Movies and Recorded Shows also reappear.

I've tried different things in this thread, but I can't seem to get this setup the way I way.

Is there a way to not have the Recorded Movies and Recorded Shows libraries showing up? All I want is a recordings library with a TV and Movies folder inside.

Edited by shalamigri

On 11/2/2023 at 7:10 PM, shalamigri said:

I'm having a weird issue with the tv recording library structure too.

In advanced setting under live tv, I have the following paths:

default = Emby Recordings

movies = Emby Recordings\Movies

tv = Emby Recordings\TV

This creates a library called "recordings" with 2 folders inside called TV and Movies. Tv shows recordings will show up in the TV folder and Movie recordings will show up in the Movies folder. That's EXACTLY what I want and I have no issue with that.

However, 2 dummy libraries also get created called Recorded Movies and Recorded Shows. I call them dummy libraries because they are always empty no matter what. I don't want those libraries. If I delete them, they do disappear, but all of the recordings in the TV and Movies folder inside of the "recordings" library also disappear. However, if I record another movie and/or show, the TV and Movies folders in the recordings library reappear along with all of the recordings. However, the 2 dummy libraries called Recorded Movies and Recorded Shows also reappear.

I've tried different things in this thread, but I can't seem to get this setup the way I way.

Is there a way to not have the Recorded Movies and Recorded Shows libraries showing up? All I want is a recordings library with a TV and Movies folder inside.

HI, yes better control over this will be coming in upcoming updates. Thanks.